Re-sizing all images at a time in Microsoft Office Picture Manager

J.M. Garg

Jun 15, 2013, 12:13:46 PM6/15/13
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
This will be very helpful to all:

To re-size in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, which is available in most Window based computers: Open your picture in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Click on 'Picture' in the top at Menu Bar & Select 'Resize' under it & select say 800 by 600 pixels, Click on OK. Select File--> Save as, choose file name & click on save button. It is much reduced in size. If, it’s still more than 150 KB, it can be reduced within 150 Kb by selected width of say 700 pixels or less instead of 800 pixels. Similar procedure can be followed in other picture processing software.

To re-size all pictures in afolder at a time: Keep a copy of the folder (of which all pictures are to be re-sized) under My pictures folder. Open Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Select the desired folder from the left side Pan. Select all the pictures to be re-sized from the main Pan. Click on 'Edit Pictures' in the formatting bar at the top. Select on 'Re-size' in the right hand pan. Select size say 800 by 600 pixels. Click on OK at the bottom. Click on Save button.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2110 members & 1,56,000 messages on 31/5/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species).

harithasandhya

Jun 20, 2013, 2:38:03 AM6/20/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much Garg ji for this information. I use Microsoft picture manager to resize my pictures.
But never knew that one could resize all pictures in a folder in one go! Saves a  lot of time.
Warm regards,
Sandhya

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2013, 8:23:56 AM6/27/13
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for inf. of our members.

Smita Raskar

Jun 28, 2013, 10:54:44 AM6/28/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks this is good idea otherwise it is boring to re size image for posting Thanks Garg sir :)

Smita Raskar
308 Disha Residency,
Salaiwada,Sawantwadi
Mob.09422379568

JM Garg

Jul 11, 2013, 5:03:40 AM7/11/13
to efloraofindia, sukla chanda
Forwarding again for inf. of our members.

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2013, 1:35:20 AM8/15/13
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for inf. of our members.

Dec 3, 2013, 12:38:15 AM12/3/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for providing the valuable information.

Regards
Urvashi Thakur

Shruti Shah

Oct 10, 2015, 11:22:47 AM10/10/15