Ludwigia prostrata from Hooghly

surajit koley

Jun 11, 2012, 2:13:28 PM6/11/12
to efloraofindia
Sir / Madam,

Found this small herb on the steps of a pond.

Species : Ludwigia prostrata Roxb.
Habit & Habitat : wild herb, beside pond
Date : 3/6/12, 9.27 a.m.
Place : Nalikul, Hooghly

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley

surajit koley

Jun 11, 2012, 2:15:37 PM6/11/12
to efloraofindia
Sorry, forgot to attache the pics.. here they are,

Regards,

Surajit Koley
DSCN5018_800x600.jpg
DSCN5020_800x600.jpg

ushadi Micromini

Jun 12, 2012, 12:35:30 AM6/12/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
ALL:    found a ref where  a line drawing sort of looks different from Surajit's  flower... look at it ... and tell  me please...  http://www.wssa.net/Weeds/Invasive/FactSheets/Ludwigia%20prostrata.pdf

Usha di
==
--
Usha di
===========

Giby Kuriakose

Jun 12, 2012, 12:57:03 AM6/12/12
to ushadi Micromini, surajit koley, efloraofindia
Please refer the following links.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

surajit koley

Jun 12, 2012, 11:48:26 AM6/12/12
to ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Well, the attached pdf file shows very different looking plant. Thank you Usha Di, now, i'll have to search for more.

Regards,

surajit

surajit koley

Jun 12, 2012, 12:13:10 PM6/12/12
to Giby Kuriakose, ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Giby Sir,

Thank you very much for those reference. What i learn is -

1. 4-winged stem with 4 stamens = L. prostrata
2. 4-angled capsule = L. prostrata
3. glabrous similar plant = L. perennis

Since i didn't take any petal or sepal measurement, neither have any picture of capsule, i take it simply as Ludwigia sp.

Regards,

surajit

surajit koley

Jun 12, 2012, 3:15:58 PM6/12/12
to efloraofindia
Sir / Madam,

Attaching more images that maybe of the same plant, but from different individuals. Also attaching a larger image of the flower.

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
DSCN5018enlarge.jpg
nxt_DSCN5004.jpg
nxt_DSCN5005.jpg
nxt_DSCN5009.jpg

surajit koley

Jun 13, 2012, 3:50:41 PM6/13/12
to efloraofindia
Sir / Madam,

A description of Ludwigia prostrata Roxb., obtained from various source informs -
The images in this post closely suggest that the species is Ludwigia prostrata Roxb.

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley

ushadi Micromini

Jun 13, 2012, 8:10:27 PM6/13/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Surajit
i must say you do a good follow up  of your cases and are doing justice to the data collected at indiatreepix...

in this case, as i read the keys and peruse the pdf sent by giby...
that strikes me still is the long pedicle? for the flower and the long seedpod... both if photographed and depicted in this kind of forum would convince people like me,

usha di
=

Date : 3/6/12, 9.27 a.m.
Place : Nalikul, Hooghly

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley

--
Usha di
===========

surajit koley

Jun 13, 2012, 9:27:10 PM6/13/12
to efloraofindia

Jun 14, 2012, 9:55:09 PM6/14/12
to efloraofindia
Sir / Madam,

Attaching more images of the same species and of the same individual as in my first upload. These pictures were taken yesterday (14-06-2012) morning.

Regards,

Surajit Koley

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
nxt2_DSCN5685.jpg
nxt2_DSCN5685tiny.jpg
nxt2_DSCN5685btiny.jpg
nxt2_DSCN5686tiny.jpg
nxt2_DSCN5690_cm_scale.jpg
nxt2_DSCN5694_cm_scale.jpg
nxt2_DSCN5695_cm_scale.jpg
nxt2_DSCN5710_cm_scale.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2018, 7:09:37 AM8/15/18
to efloraofindia
I think it should be Ludwigia linifolia (Vahl) R.S. Rao (syn: Ludwigia hyssopifolia (G. Don) Exell) as per The Genus Ludwigia (Onagraceae) in India by I.C. Barua- Rheedea Vol. 20 (1) 59-70 2010.

Aug 18, 2018, 12:47:32 AM8/18/18
to efloraofindia