Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: Sesbania for id :: Panipat :: NS OCT 108/108

Nidhan Singh

Oct 22, 2015, 2:14:45 AM10/22/15
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This is again from Panipat, a large and old individual of Sesbania..
Please suggest if this is once more Sesbania sesban
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Sesbania 3 pnp (2).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (3).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (6).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (14).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (15).JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 29, 2015, 7:38:24 AM10/29/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

efi page on Sesbania sesban

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Sesbania 3 pnp (2).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (3).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (6).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (14).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (15).JPG

Dinesh Valke

Nov 1, 2015, 8:04:56 AM11/1/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Very large and interesting plant. In context of some species of Sesbania that I have in my collection, the leaflets seem relatively large compared to size of the leaf. Considering S. sesban, the length of leaf in the posted plant seems too short with very less number of leaflets. I could be wrong. Keen to know ID; Many thanks Nidhan ji for sharing this plant.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2015, 2:57:49 AM11/8/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Dinesh Valke

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Very large and interesting plant. In context of some species of Sesbania that I have in my collection, the leaflets seem relatively large compared to size of the leaf. Considering S. sesban, the length of leaf in the posted plant seems too short with very less number of leaflets. I could be wrong. Keen to know ID; Many thanks Nidhan ji for sharing this plant.

Regards.
Dinesh

Sesbania species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

surajit koley

Nov 9, 2015, 2:49:21 AM11/9/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Dinesh Valke
I am unable to understand what are the points and counterpoints, i fail to guess any size of any part.
Besides foc & fop description, some account of the species can also be read in -

J.M. Garg

Nov 10, 2015, 12:24:41 AM11/10/15
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Krishnaraj ji.

to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Dinesh Valke
Dear all

It looks like Sesbania grandiflora.
With regards
S Kasim

J.M. Garg

Nov 17, 2015, 3:54:40 AM11/17/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, surajit koley, Dinesh Valke, S Kasim .

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Very large and interesting plant. In context of some species of Sesbania that I have in my collection, the leaflets seem relatively large compared to size of the leaf. Considering S. sesban, the length of leaf in the posted plant seems too short with very less number of leaflets. I could be wrong. Keen to know ID; Many thanks Nidhan ji for sharing this plant.

Regards.
Dinesh

Sesbania species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

I am unable to understand what are the points and counterpoints, i fail to guess any size of any part.

Besides foc & fop description, some account of the species can also be read in -
Surajit

Sesbania sesban
Krishnaraj

It looks like Sesbania grandiflora.
With regards
S Kasim

efi page on Sesbania sesban & Sesbania grandiflora with images.

Apr 22, 2017, 6:32:14 AM4/22/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Dinesh Valke, S Kasim .
I think it should be Sesbania grandiflora (L.) Pers. as per images herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images).

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sesbania 3 pnp (2).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (3).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (6).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (14).JPG
Sesbania 3 pnp (15).JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2017, 12:10:25 AM4/23/17
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Bimal ji.