2014- eFI Year of genera pages

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2014, 2:03:08 AM5/11/14
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
Attempts are also being made to update genera pages so as to incorporate most of the species available in India & nearby areas with details & keys directly or through links as far as possible. Already substantial work has been done. In this, Dr. R.S. Rawat is playing a key role. A few others like Tapas ji, Vijayasankar ji, Singh ji, Sukla ji, Pankaj ji etc. have also helped a lot in the matter. We expect to complete it by Dec.'2014 for most of the genera having more than four species in India.
In view, let us declare 2014 as eFI Year of genera pages.
We also request all the members & moderators to help us in any possible way.
If anybody have any such data in soft copy, it will be of great help.
For any queries, pl. let me know.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2330 members & 1,87,000 messages on 30/4/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Nidhan Singh

May 12, 2014, 12:36:59 AM5/12/14
to itpmods, indiantreepix

Best of luck Garg Ji and all the active contributors of this great task..
I hope, at this pace, you will be able to finish this task much before the year ends..