Is this soapnut?

Debjit Mukherjee

Dec 3, 2017, 4:56:11 AM12/3/17
to efloraofindia
Date/Time- Dec 02, 2017, 8 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Dhakuria lake, Kolkata

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Urban

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Tree

Height/Length- 35 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- feather compound usually without terminal, narrow smooth pointed

Inflorescence Type/ Size- not observed yet

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- not observed yet

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not observed yet

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Not Sure
Is This Soapnut-leaves.jpg
Is This Soapnut-trunk.jpg

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 3, 2017, 8:34:07 PM12/3/17
to efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Mukherjee,

According to the leaf pattern looks like Sapindus mukorossi but
images are blurred and not so clear.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 4, 2017, 8:26:04 AM12/4/17
to Debjit Mukherjee, efloraofindia
Incorrect orientation. Pl. post with correct orientation.

Santhan P

Dec 4, 2017, 12:47:02 PM12/4/17
to efloraofindia
It is not soapnut, it may be some Meliaceae tree

J.M. Garg

Dec 4, 2017, 9:27:16 PM12/4/17
to Santhan P, efloraofindia, demu...@gmail.com
Thanks, Santhan ji.

J.M. Garg

Dec 8, 2017, 12:37:49 AM12/8/17
to Debjit Mukherjee, efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2017, 4:34:33 AM12/16/17
to efloraofindia, Debjit Mukherjee
Pl. check with images at Swietenia macrophylla

Dec 16, 2017, 1:43:40 PM12/16/17
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Dec 17, 2017, 12:11:28 AM12/17/17
to Debjit Mukherjee, efloraofindia
May be.

J.M. Garg

Dec 17, 2017, 12:11:51 AM12/17/17
to efloraofindia
taken slightly better pics today. Hope this will help.

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 6:56 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
bark_closeup.jpg
leaves_closeup.jpg
whole tree.jpg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 17, 2017, 4:48:11 AM12/17/17
to efloraofindia, Debjit Mukherjee, Sandhya Sasidharan
Thanks, Sandhaya ji.

Dec 24, 2017, 11:13:44 PM12/24/17
to Debjit Mukherjee, efloraofindia
bark_closeup.jpg