North Bengal wildflower-ID Request-3 - 6May09 SJ

Sushmita Jha

May 6, 2009, 1:35:42 PM5/6/09
to indiantreepix
Hi all,
My last post of the day. Another stunner.

Thanks.
Sushmita Jha

Wildflower ID-Kalimpong roadside-Oct08-505.jpg
Wildflower-Kalimpong roadside-Oct08- 502.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

May 6, 2009, 1:43:59 PM5/6/09
to indiantreepix
This looks to be devil's claw i.e. martynia annua it is maxico native
naturalised in India, Srilanka & pakistan.
--

Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Tabish

May 7, 2009, 3:38:07 AM5/7/09
to indiantreepix
Beautiful flower, and well shot! This should be a species of
Impatiens. A side pose would have shown a "spur" at the back.
- Tabish

On May 6, 10:43 pm, Rajesh Sachdev <leopard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This looks to be devil's claw i.e. martynia annua it is maxico native
> naturalised in India, Srilanka & pakistan.

Tabish

May 7, 2009, 3:45:44 AM5/7/09
to indiantreepix
It could be Impatiens sulcata, not very sure though.
- Tabish
>  Wildflower ID-Kalimpong roadside-Oct08-505.jpg
> 104KViewDownload
>
>  Wildflower-Kalimpong roadside-Oct08- 502.jpg
> 119KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2009, 5:17:36 AM5/7/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Links for Impatiens sulcata: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3qG2jSSX4BQW6SKwRMTmRQ & http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bD4yy7TlgiNTs1ZS3csx6w (am image), http://books.google.co.in/books?id=klAFeYz4YdYC&pg=RA1-PA272&lpg=RA1-PA272&dq=Impatiens+sulcata&source=bl&ots=QiOE7XPoOH&sig=Pxm0Vy4n4n3-E1-rLrJ1RwaG4BU&hl=en&ei=36UCSvONAaCQ6AP3ocCrAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6 (little desc. from Plants and people of Nepal By Sanjay Manandhar)

2009/5/7 Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sushmita Jha

May 8, 2009, 1:41:26 AM5/8/09
to J.M. Garg, Tabish, indiantreepix
Garg-ji,
I checked the flower on the site below and find the two flowers very different - not only in colour but also its look. But then I am not an expert at all to be able to say whether that constitutes a different family or sub-species.
A confirmation that my photo is indeed Impatiens sulcata would therefore be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Sushmita Jha

purnim...@priyaentertainments.com

May 17, 2009, 8:11:32 AM5/17/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

I found this beautiful plant in somebody's garden in Shantiniketan.
Can you very kindly help identify it ?

Thanks - Purnima
IMG_0850_1.jpg

Dinesh Valke

May 18, 2009, 1:45:55 AM5/18/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Hello friends,

Forwarding Purnima ji's request for ID.

Regards.

IMG_0850_1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 28, 2021, 12:42:03 AM6/28/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Impatiens sulcata ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 28, 2021, 12:42:54 AM6/28/21
to indiantreepix, Sushmita Jha
Wildflower ID-Kalimpong roadside-Oct08-505.jpg
Wildflower-Kalimpong roadside-Oct08- 502.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 23, 2021, 11:08:07 AM7/23/21
to efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha
Forwarding again.