Grewia for id 100210MK1

Muthu Karthick

Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:39 AM2/10/10
to indiantreepix

Grewia sp.
Located on the roadside of Dhimbam ghat section in Satyamangalam WLS.
Have glabrous leaves and leaves does not exceed 10cm in length.

Date: 09 Feb 2010
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Dinesh Valke

Feb 10, 2010, 10:29:56 AM2/10/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
... could it be Grewia serrulata ?
Regards.

Devendra Bhardwaj

Feb 11, 2010, 11:59:53 PM2/11/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Grewia tenax.
Regard
Devendra

Feb 17, 2010, 3:00:05 AM2/17/10
to Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix
Grewia tenax is a shrub. But the picture is of a Tree.

Devendra Bhardwaj

Feb 17, 2010, 3:33:29 AM2/17/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
It maybe Grewia oppositifolia
Regard
Devendra

Mar 14, 2010, 2:49:42 PM3/14/10
to indiantreepix
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 29, 2010, 7:15:26 AM3/29/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara Swamy, navendu page, Devendra Bhardwaj, Dinesh Valke
Earlier relevant feedback:
"... could it be Grewia serrulata ?" from Dinesh ji.

“Grewia tenax is a shrub. But the picture is of a Tree.” from Muthu ji.

“It may be Grewia oppositifolia
Regard
Devendra”

Apr 20, 2010, 11:55:14 PM4/20/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, J.M. Garg
Resurfacing again for Id confirmation.
Earlier feedback:

Dinesh ji........................ could it be Grewia serrulata ?"

Muthu ji......................“Grewia tenax is a shrub. But the picture is of a Tree.”

Devendra ji...................“It may be Grewia oppositifolia

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dec 29, 2010, 7:22:44 AM12/29/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Tabish, Vijayasankar Raman
I think this is not Grewia serrulata.
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 20, 2011, 7:27:17 AM1/20/11
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Dinesh Valke, Devendra Bhardwaj
Resurfacing again for Id confirmation.
Earlier feedback:

Dinesh ji........................ could it be Grewia serrulata ?"

Muthu ji......................“Grewia tenax is a shrub. But the picture is of a Tree.”

Devendra ji...................“It may be Grewia oppositifolia

Muthu ji......................I think this is not Grewia serrulata.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Feb 26, 2012, 2:16:42 PM2/26/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Devendra Bhardwaj
Dear all,
This photo was taken at the same location of Dhimbam ghat road-side in Sathyamangalam RF.
Date: 27 Feb 2012
--
Muthu Karthick, N

Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG

greenearth

Apr 23, 2012, 7:59:46 AM4/23/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Muthu Karthick
Muthu-ji,

Please check against Grewia laevigata ( syn glabra).  The tree habit,  leaf  elliptic shape. glabrous and lobed fruit seem to match

regards

A. Sinha

ref  (FOI): Two-Lobed Crossberry

jmgarg1

Apr 27, 2012, 5:22:38 AM4/27/12
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, jspan...@gmail.com, sara...@rediffmail.com, k23...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, Devendra Bhardwaj, sinha...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

"Muthu-ji,
Please check against Grewia laevigata ( syn glabra).  The tree habit,  leaf  elliptic shape. glabrous and lobed fruit seem to match
regards
A. Sinha
ref   (FOI): Two-Lobed Crossberry"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1840 members & 1,10,000 messages on 31/3/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6500 species).

IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2017, 8:46:24 AM12/16/17
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, Muthu Karthick

#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Dec 16, 2017, 9:42:13 AM12/16/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
I too, do not think it to be Grewia serrulata. My earlier thought is incorrect.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2017, 10:57:56 AM12/16/17
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Lalithamba Avadhanam, DineshValke
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

Dec 17, 2017, 12:55:55 AM12/17/17
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Lalithamba Avadhanam, DineshValke
BSI Flora of India, only gives G. helicterifolia with syn. as G. polygama auct. non Roxb. 1832: Masters in Fl. Brit. India 1: 391. 1874.
Also does not match with images of this species as per specimen at

mayur nandikar

Dec 19, 2017, 7:16:31 AM12/19/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Lalithamba Avadhanam, DineshValke
Interesting Muthu ji,
I would love to see the flowers.

sincerely,

Mayur D. Nandikar (Ph.D. Botany)
Head Scientist,
Naoroji Godrej Centre for Plant Research (NGCPR)
c/o Lawkim Motors Division
431, Village Shindewadi, Post Shirwal,
Dist: Satara, Maharashtra, India 412 801
Office 02169-244401 (Ext 640)
www.ngcpr.org

Scopus ID 36495332200
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0001-8626-3669

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2018, 9:24:23 PM1/8/18
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
We are not getting any lead into this. Any guess?
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG

kishor keycee

Jul 17, 2018, 1:34:07 AM7/17/18
to efloraofindia
It is difficult to id without the flowers. Though from the fruit character it appears to be G. bracteata Roth (drupe obscure (rarely deep); broadly ovoid, rusty)

J.M. Garg

Jul 17, 2018, 2:20:46 AM7/17/18
to kishorkeycee, efloraofindia, DineshValke, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Muthu Karthick
Thanks, Kishor ji.

Muthu Karthick

Apr 5, 2020, 1:40:29 PM4/5/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, mayur nandikar, kishorkeycee, DineshValke, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Hi all,
Sorry for the quite a long absence of mine. I was able to trace the plant in the same location after many years. I hope we can resolve this Grewia sp. ID. Thank you.
--
Muthu Karthick N | Team Leader
20191204_161438.jpg

Muthu Karthick

Apr 5, 2020, 1:47:04 PM4/5/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, mayur nandikar, kishorkeycee, DineshValke, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Am sorry, I couldn't resize the images.
Location: Thimbam, Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve, TN
Date: 4, December 2019
20191204_161443.jpg
20191204_161657.jpg

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Apr 5, 2020, 9:47:22 PM4/5/20
to Muthu Karthick, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, mayur nandikar, kishorkeycee, DineshValke
It is Grewia flavescens Juss.,  very common here
--
A.Lalithamba

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 5, 2020, 10:39:34 PM4/5/20
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, J.M. Garg, Mayur Nandikar, mayur nandikar, kishorkeycee, DineshValke
I too agree with Lalithamba ma'am,
G. flavescens only,
With regards.