A medium size shrub found towards Phulna village from Gobindghat

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2017, 8:58:39 AM7/10/17
to efloraofindia, Dr. praveen Verma

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Praveen Verma <dr.pkve...@gmail.com>
Date: 10 July 2017 at 17:02
Subject: [efloraofindia:272233] ID please
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

A medium size shrub found towards Phulna village from Gobindghat.

with regards

Praveen

With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSC_2342.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jul 10, 2017, 9:05:00 AM7/10/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. praveen Verma
Very beautiful, looks like any Lobelia sp. ..
New to me..
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2017, 9:33:53 AM7/10/17
to Nidhan Singh, Dr. praveen Verma, efloraofindia
Thanks, Nidhan ji,
Pl. Also check comparative images in efi site at this page.

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2017, 1:27:27 AM7/21/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Dr. praveen Verma
Thanks, Nidhan ji, for the initial id.
Closest match I found from comparative images at Lobelia, is highly variable species of Lobelia nicotianifolia Roth ex Schult.
But I am nor sure if it the same species.
Pl. send other images if you have.
DSC_2342.JPG

D.S Rawat

Jul 21, 2017, 3:28:05 AM7/21/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Dr. praveen Verma
Yes, agree with Nidhan Ji. L.nicotianifolia (=Lobelia pyramidalis). It is found at this elevation in other areas of Uttarakhand too.
DSRawat Pantnagar

Dr D.S. Rawat
Department of Biological Sciences, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology Pantnagar-263 145 Uttarakhand, INDIA
eflorapantnagar displaying wild flora of Pantnagar

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2017, 9:11:38 AM7/21/17
to D.S Rawat, Dr. praveen Verma, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Rawat ji, for confirmation.

girish kumar ellezhuthil

Jul 21, 2017, 10:45:04 PM7/21/17
to efloraofindia
But Lobelia nicotianifolia of western ghats has completely different morphology....

J.M. Garg

Jul 22, 2017, 4:14:08 AM7/22/17
to girish kumar ellezhuthil, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Dr. praveen Verma

On 22-Jul-2017 8:15 AM, "girish kumar ellezhuthil" <giri...@gmail.com> wrote:
But Lobelia nicotianifolia of western ghats has completely different morphology....

J.M. Garg

Jul 22, 2017, 6:50:07 AM7/22/17
to efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, girish kumar ellezhuthil, Nidhan Singh, Dr. praveen Verma
Thanks a lot, Rawat ji.

Dec 17, 2022, 3:17:30 AM12/17/22
to efloraofindia, Dr. praveen Verma, D.S Rawat
Taking it as L. pyramidalis as per discussions at Lobelia seguinii var. doniana (Skottsb.) E. Wimm. ??