Plant for ID from Paddar valley J&K. 271211 SRANA 02

Suresh Kumar Rana

Dec 27, 2011, 6:49:04 AM12/27/11
to efloraofindia
Request for Identification

Kindly identify the plant.
Date: 14th June 2011.
Location: Paddar valley district Kishtwar J&K.
Altitude: 4800 meters asl.
Plant height: 10-15 cms
Plant habit/habitat: Wild herb

--
Warm regards
Suresh Rana

DSCN2964.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 27, 2011, 7:35:04 AM12/27/11
to Suresh Kumar Rana, efloraofindia
I think this interesting plant (perhaps a species of Primula) had been uploaded earlier also by some other member.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Suresh Kumar Rana

Dec 27, 2011, 7:44:43 AM12/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Respected Sir

I had uploaded this species earlier but besides this species there is another species with spreading habit. Any guess about this species.

J.M. Garg

Sep 29, 2016, 2:12:10 AM9/29/16
to efloraofindia, Suresh Kumar, Gurcharan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I think this interesting plant (perhaps a species of Primula) had been uploaded earlier also by some other member.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

DSCN2964.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 30, 2016, 12:47:39 AM9/30/16
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Suresh Kumar
Thanks, Chadwell ji.

Jan 30, 2021, 11:40:36 AM1/30/21
to efloraofindia
  Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Unidentified 4
Group discussion at

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 10:17:39 AM UTC+5:30 JM Garg wrote:
Thanks, Chadwell ji.

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 30, 2021, 11:41:19 AM1/30/21
to indiantreepix
  Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Unidentified 4
Group discussion at

Jan 30, 2021, 11:42:38 AM1/30/21
to efloraindia
This has been a mystery for me ! Tried a lot!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 7, 2021, 6:24:48 AM2/7/21
to efloraofindia, Suresh Kumar Rana, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 8, 2021, 12:25:37 AM2/8/21
to efloraofindia, Suresh Kumar Rana, GurcharanSingh
Thanks a lot, Pam ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sept 2016 at 11:42
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Suresh Kumar <envsu...@gmail.com>, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I think this interesting plant (perhaps a species of Primula) had been uploaded earlier also by some other member.Image removed by sender.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

--

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Image removed by sender. AVG logo

www.avg.com

J.M. Garg

Feb 14, 2021, 3:48:00 AM2/14/21
to efloraofindia, Suresh Kumar Rana, GurcharanSingh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I think this interesting plant (perhaps a species of Primula) had been uploaded earlier also by some other member.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

This is not a Primula.

Best Wishes,

Pam

Feb 14, 2021, 7:35:43 AM2/14/21
to itpmods, Gurcharan Singh, efloraindia
Boraginaceae ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 2:33 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I think this interesting plant (perhaps a species of Primula) had been uploaded earlier also by some other member.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

This is not a Primula.

Best Wishes,

Pam

Feb 18, 2021, 11:33:05 AM2/18/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Saroj Kasaju, Suresh Kumar Rana
Thanks, Saroj ji.
Yes, you seem to have rightly pointed out to the family as per comparative images at Boraginaceae

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAEf%3DytQC6DabWgd84vZZ_62karE%2B4-ZzV%3DQCB%2Bfmq4Nzm76DsQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 18, 2021, 1:18:40 PM2/18/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Suresh Kumar Rana
Any chance of Actinocarya acaulis (W.W.Sm.) I.M.Johnst. though
no images in net and no good quality herbarium in POWO and GBIF!

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 23, 2021, 1:11:02 AM2/23/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Suresh Kumar Rana, Saroj Kasaju
No, leaves look different as per GBIF- specimen

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg