Hooghly Today : Rungia parviflora Nees var. pectinata ?

surajit koley

Dec 9, 2012, 1:27:25 PM12/9/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

"Bengal Plants" describes three Rungia species :-
  1. R. repens Nees = leaves subsessile, scabrid, ...... bracts round, apiculate....
  2. R. parviflora Nees var. pectinata = barren bracts mucronate, often cuspidate, fertiles ones hairy, smaller than the others
  3. R. parviflora Nees var. muralis = barren bracts ovate, acute, fertile ones nearly as large as the others......
This is a small erect herb, about 15 cm high, found in rural roadside.

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

DSCN9084.jpg
DSCN9085.jpg
DSCN9086.jpg
DSCN9088.jpg
DSCN9091.jpg
DSCN9093.jpg

jmgarg1

Dec 15, 2012, 3:13:27 AM12/15/12
to efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, drhmp...@gmail.com, aarti...@gmail.com, formp...@gmail.com, sachi...@gmail.com, aditty...@yahoo.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, mani....@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, samirm...@gmail.com, leopa...@gmail.com, Rajesh Sachdev, surajit koley

There is lot of discussion & refrences in this regard at efi site:

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2015 members & 1,39,500 messages on 30/11/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

DSCN9084.jpg
DSCN9085.jpg
DSCN9086.jpg
DSCN9088.jpg
DSCN9091.jpg
DSCN9093.jpg

surajit koley

Dec 15, 2012, 1:47:00 PM12/15/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Thank you Garg Sir.

Regards,

surajit

jmgarg1

Dec 22, 2012, 3:43:27 AM12/22/12
to efloraofindia, ratang...@yahoo.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, archan...@yahoo.co.in, surajitno...@gmail.com, sukla chanda, Karuna Das

There is lot of discussion & refrences in this regard at efi site:
Dec 22, 2012, 11:18:22 AM12/22/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Thank you Garg Sir, Rungia sp. will be very nice to me.

Regards,

surajit

J.M. Garg

Feb 24, 2015, 12:28:36 AM2/24/15
to efloraofindia, surajit koley
Rungia pectinata (L.) Nees as per another thread.
Feb 24, 2015, 12:23:41 PM2/24/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Garg Sir. Thank you.
Regards