KAS Week DS_051012_04 Ipomoea

Dalia Set

Oct 5, 2012, 8:48:58 AM10/5/12
to efloraofindia
Hi Friends

Ipomoea from Kas - proper id please.

Dalia
tn_IMG_1164_m.jpg

Mani Nair

Oct 5, 2012, 12:48:40 PM10/5/12
to Dalia Set, efloraofindia
Dalia ji, this is Ipomoea barlerioides   (Pink morning glory)
Regards,
Mani

Prashant Awale

Oct 5, 2012, 12:56:34 PM10/5/12
to Mani Nair, Dalia Set, efloraofindia
Dear Mani ji,

I think this one looks different than Ipomoea barlerioides, but lets wait for more inputs.

Regards
Prashant

Dalia Set

Oct 6, 2012, 12:06:51 AM10/6/12
to Prashant Awale, Mani Nair, efloraofindia
Thanks Mani-ji, Prashant-ji for viewing.

Looking forward for other inputs.

Dalia

jmgarg1

Oct 14, 2012, 6:41:40 AM10/14/12
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, aditty...@yahoo.com, ajinky...@gmail.com, nare...@gmail.com, setd...@gmail.com, aary...@gmail.com, leopa...@gmail.com, rekhas...@gmail.com, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 Dalia ji, this is Ipomoea barlerioides (Pink morning glory)
Regards,
Mani

 Dear Mani ji,

I think this one looks different than Ipomoea barlerioides, but lets wait for more inputs.
Regards
Prashant

Dalia

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1980 members & 1,33,000 messages on 30/9/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

tn_IMG_1164_m.jpg

jmgarg1

Oct 24, 2012, 5:12:35 AM10/24/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is surely not I. barlerioides. Plant description would have helped. This seems to be a large climber with large cordate leaves that may have been found near Kas lake on large shrubs. This would be Argyreia involucrata. Ipomoea barlerioides is a prostrate herb found on lateritic plateau. It has small (3 cm) hairy leaves and the flowers have a very slender tube. Regards,

sushant stalker

Oct 19, 2017, 6:44:11 PM10/19/17
to efloraofindia
Argyreia sericea probably as leaves appear broadly ovate

J.M. Garg

Oct 21, 2017, 1:29:15 AM10/21/17
to Sushant More, efloraofindia, Dalia Set, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Prashant awale
Thanks, Sushant ji.

rajesh palani

Oct 24, 2017, 9:28:56 AM10/24/17
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Nov 2, 2017, 1:18:25 AM11/2/17
to sushant stalker, efloraofindia, Dalia Set
Calyx above the flower does not match with images at Argyreia sericea

With regards,
J.M.Garg