Lamiaceae (Incl. Verbenaceae) Fortnight: Coleus barbatus from Hissar- NS May 116/116

Nidhan Singh

May 20, 2015, 6:34:53 AM5/20/15
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This herb with strongly aromatic leaves was shot from herbal garden of HAU, Hissar..
I hope this is Coleus barbatus...please correct, if required..

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Coleus barbatus (1).JPG
Coleus barbatus (2).JPG
Coleus barbatus (3).JPG
Coleus barbatus (4).JPG

V. Sampath Kumar

May 20, 2015, 6:47:03 AM5/20/15
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Nidhanji, You are correct it is Coleus barbatus and all the species of Coleus are now transferred to Plectrantus.

Sampath Kumar

DR. V. SAMPATH KUMAR
Scientist,
Central National Herbarium,
Botanical Survey of India,
B. Garden (P.O),
HOWRAH -711 103,
W. Bengal, INDIA.
Thanks for not printing this e-mail unless you really need to

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >

Nidhan Singh

May 20, 2015, 6:48:45 AM5/20/15
to V. Sampath Kumar, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Sampath Ji..

Ushadi Micromini

May 20, 2015, 11:45:31 AM5/20/15
to V. Sampath Kumar, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
 same question i asked elase where just a little while ago...
Sampath ji:
why?

I would appreciate a simple answer and then a paper or review pdf.

thanks
usha di

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 4:16 PM, V. Sampath Kumar <vsku...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

--
Usha di
===========

anandkumarreddy

May 20, 2015, 12:37:45 PM5/20/15
to Ushadi Micromini, V. Sampath Kumar, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Madam,

Please find 42 articles (Title and name of journal details only) on Plectranthus barbatus
Plectranthus barbatus.rar

Ushadi Micromini

May 20, 2015, 2:14:25 PM5/20/15
to anandkumarreddy, V. Sampath Kumar, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you
its RAR  file
my firewall wont let me download it
any open file?

usha di

usha di
--
Usha di
===========

V. Sampath Kumar

May 21, 2015, 8:38:50 AM5/21/15
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Simple answer is, it depends on person to  person as perception varies. If I remember correctly, Codd who while working on Coleus and Pleectranthus of Africa felt both the genera cannot be distinguished with particular character as intermediate characters are found. When he merged both the genera, it is accepted by all the researchers.still it continues
Hope Ushadi (ji), it would be helpful in solving your doubt.

Sampath Kumar
DR. V. SAMPATH KUMAR
Scientist,
Central National Herbarium,
Botanical Survey of India,
B. Garden (P.O),
HOWRAH -711 103,
W. Bengal, INDIA.
Thanks for not printing this e-mail unless you really need to

Ushadi Micromini

May 21, 2015, 9:23:18 AM5/21/15
to V. Sampath Kumar, efloraofindia
Thank you Sampath ji
ok i understand
Did Codd write a review or a monograph
if yes
could i have a pdf please

I am not abotanist so i dont have access to most of the papers

usha di