Posts with inadequate pictures/ information are not resurfaced

J.M. Garg

Dec 14, 2011, 12:19:22 AM12/14/11
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
Posts with inadequate pictures & information are not resurfaced so that precious hours of the experts are not wasted in identifying them.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

jmgarg1

Jul 25, 2012, 5:31:00 AM7/25/12
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for information pl.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

ushadi Micromini

Jul 25, 2012, 12:11:11 PM7/25/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
good, and thanks...
usha di
====
--
Usha di
===========

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 25, 2012, 12:36:02 PM7/25/12
to ushadi Micromini, jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji
I think this should motivate members to supply more information and upload photographs in different angles.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

jmgarg1

Aug 3, 2012, 12:52:04 AM8/3/12
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for information pl.

Dec 21, 2012, 11:22:11 PM12/21/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Garg ji

Can i use some of your photographs that appear on wikipedia/media commons and on this site for display in public. I am a member of this group

regards,

N Kanitkar
Gp Capt(retd)

Ushadi Micromini

Dec 23, 2012, 9:59:32 AM12/23/12
to nitin kanitkar, indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear Nitin:

I am glad you asked this question, it shows me you will be a responsible user  of pics...hence I'll venture to say the following and good luck...

For creative commons, the policy for further use is  stated on each page....

For the rest:

Individuals who submit pictures for id hold their copy rights.

To hold the Copy right of a photograph  or writing is our unalienable right if we create4d the photograph or the writing...

It is an international conventional wisdom that ONE must ask the particular member (owner of the photos) for their use and specify what kind of use these pictures will be put to....  and give proper credit (like the original photographers name .... and how often you intend to use them... and how long...    and then stick to that promise... reuse requires re-permission...

In present days of internet and email, this can all be done so fast and almost instantaneously, its almost painless task that can save a lot of hassle later and earn us some goodwill from the makers/writers.

For most non-commercial uses I find photographers, not only here in this group, but the world over, even for pics in books very graciously give me permission to use them in lectures, or one time use in scientific poster... but then I only do what I promise to do and even send send them the documenting photograph (like my lecture , or poster presentation or students looking at the pictures etc etc) .....

I have found many messy lawsuits and hurt feelings when such simple rules of etiquette are not followed...

I hope you find this useful.

Usha di
====

--

Usha di

Ushadi Micromini

Dec 23, 2012, 10:01:21 AM12/23/12
to nitin kanitkar, efloraofindia, itp...@googlegroups.com
it would have been nicer   better to have started a new post....

usha di

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 9:52 AM, nitin kanitkar <nitink...@gmail.com> wrote:

Usha di