Averrhoa carambola from Trivandrum city

Sandhya Sasidharan

Apr 29, 2012, 12:26:18 PM4/29/12
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,

Averrhoa carambola (Family: Oxalidaceae) from Trivandrum city.
Photographed on 23rd and 25th April 2012.
Commonly known as star fruit, its fruits are edible.
Native to Southeast Asia and Indian sub-continent.

Regards,
Sandhya
013 Averrhoa carambola fruit 23 Apr 2012.JPG
015 Averrhoa carambola fruit 23 Apr 2012.JPG
016 Averrhoa carambola fruit 23 Apr 2012.JPG
021 A. carambola cross section of fruit and a seed 23 Apr 2012.JPG
084 Averrhoa carambola flowers 25 Apr 2012.JPG
085 Averrhoa carambola 25 Apr 2012.JPG
086 Averrhoa carambola 25 Apr 2012.JPG

surajit koley

Apr 29, 2012, 12:51:18 PM4/29/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sandhya Sasidharan
Thank you Sandhya Ji for sharing... beautiful... drooling, KAMRANGA in Bengali, never seen this plant.

Regards,

surajit

ushadi Micromini

Apr 29, 2012, 3:17:04 PM4/29/12
to surajit koley, indian...@googlegroups.com, Sandhya Sasidharan
Very nice, Sandhya...
Surajit just come over to the Agri Horticulture garden in Alipore, there is at least one big one and a smaller one ... the big one is in edge of the parking lot ...
and a relatively younger one (even that is about 30 years old) on the north side of the office door where the cashiers sit...   you can even sample the fruit if the gardeners are removing them for cleaning purposes...

Usha di
=======
--
Usha di
===========

surajit koley

Apr 29, 2012, 9:23:36 PM4/29/12
to ushadi Micromini, indian...@googlegroups.com, Sandhya Sasidharan
Good morning Usha Di

I will visit the Garden in Alipore on some holiday. I visited Shibpur Botanical Garden in December, 2010, but was sad that very few trees had ID tags on them.

A happy week ahead to you and all friends....

Regards,

surajit

Satish Phadke

Apr 30, 2012, 1:33:39 AM4/30/12