Emilia coccinea (Sims.) G.Don for confirmation

Samir Mehta

Oct 19, 2017, 3:53:07 AM10/19/17
to efloraofindia
18-10-2017 Lonavala region

Basis for id:
1. Plant had both radical & cauline leaves. Upper cauline leaves smaller than basal ones.
2. Heads large, pubescence +, hispid
3. Stout, shrub-like, 1.5-1.7m tall
4. leaves: basally auriculate and amplexical.
5. Achene: 4-5mm, ribbed

Happy Diwali,

Samir Mehta

P.S.: The un id species of Karuna Daas from Meghalaya in the group website could possibly be Emilia coccinea.
Emilia coccinea habit DSC02363.jpg
Emilia coccinea achene DSC02370.jpg
Emilia coccinea fruit, bud DSC02368.jpg
Emilia coccinea leaf DSC02364.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 20, 2017, 9:27:11 AM10/20/17
to efloraofindia, Samir Mehta
Thanks, Samir ji
Emilia coccinea habit DSC02363.jpg
Emilia coccinea achene DSC02370.jpg
Emilia coccinea fruit, bud DSC02368.jpg
Emilia coccinea leaf DSC02364.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 30, 2017, 7:11:37 AM10/30/17
to efloraofindia, Samir Mehta
I think Sonchus wightianus DC.  as per images herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Samir Mehta