Dicliptera bupleuroides Nees (accepted name) ???

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 22, 2017, 6:23:57 AM3/22/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location : Pharpingl, Nepal
Date : 20 March 2017
Altitude : 4800 ft.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0223.JPG
DSC_0224.JPG
DSC_0227.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG
DSC_0229.JPG
DSC_0230.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 22, 2017, 9:05:22 AM3/22/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Beautiful images.

J.M. Garg

Mar 31, 2017, 3:59:07 AM3/31/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
I also think matches with images at Dicliptera bupleuroides
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSC_0223.JPG
DSC_0224.JPG
DSC_0227.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG
DSC_0229.JPG
DSC_0230.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 14, 2020, 9:31:25 AM7/14/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dicliptera chinensis as per images and details herein. Looks different from Dicliptera bupleuroides as per images and details herein.
Differences between the two species are better appreciated as per FoC illustration and FoP illustration

Jul 14, 2020, 12:27:28 PM7/14/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 14, 2020, 12:35:41 PM7/14/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
But I could not find distribution in Nepal !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 15, 2020, 2:27:50 AM7/15/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh, Nidhan Singh, Ashwini Bhatia, Ashutosh Sharma, D.S Rawat, Isabelle & Alok, Alka
Thanks, Saroj ji.
I checked further. I think it appears close to Dicliptera riparia Nees (syn. Dicliptera roxburghiana var. riparia (Nees) Benoist) as mentioned in the Checklist of Nepal as per GBIF- specimen.
POWO mentions its distribution in China South-Central, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand.
However, I could not find in efloras except in the Checklist of Nepal.
Catalogue of Life gives its distribution as India (Himalayas, Plains of E-, N- & NE-India, Upper Gangetic Plains), Myanmar [Burma] (Bago, Taninthayi), Thailand, Nepal.

For Dicliptera chinensis (L.) Juss. (syn. Dicliptera roxburghiana Nees), Catalogue of life (China (Fujian, Guangdong, Hainan, Guangxi, Hongkong, Macao, Yunnan, Guizhou, Sichuan), Taiwan, Indochina, Pakistan (Baluchistan, Quetta, Waziristan, Kurram, N.W.Frontier Prov., Dir, Swat, Pakistani Punjab, Salt Range, Rawalpindi, Hazara), Ryukyu Isl., Hawaii (I) (Kauai (I), Oahu (I), Molokai (I))) does not mention its distribution in India. POWO (Afghanistan, Assam, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China South-Central, China Southeast, Hainan, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nansei-shoto, Pakistan, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam) also does not give its distribution in the Himalayas.

So it is quite possible that our Himalyan plants may also be this species.

Jul 15, 2020, 12:42:05 PM7/15/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Nidhan Singh, Ashwini Bhatia, Ashutosh Sharma, D.S Rawat, Isabelle & Alok, Alka
Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 16, 2020, 5:56:35 AM7/16/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Nidhan Singh, Ashwini Bhatia, Ashutosh Sharma, D.S Rawat, Isabelle & Alok, Alka
Elevation does not match and only one sp. recorded in Kathmandu valley so far.
Dicliptera riparia Nees
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 14, 2022, 3:40:17 AM3/14/22
to efloraofindia
All three similar species are listed in FBI (under names D. riparia, D. roxburghiana and D. roxburghiana var. bupleuroides): Here is comparison of accepted names

D. riparia Nees is distributed in Pegu  and Tenassarim (Myanmar),FBI according to Flora China Nepal, Myanmar to Yunan: Lesves ovate, obtuse often emarginate bracts, bracteoles 6 mm, linear.
D. chinensis (L.) Juss. (Syn: D. roxburghiana Nees): Leaves ovate-elliptic, base cuneate to attenuate, decurrent on petiole, outer bracteoles 5-13 mm x 3-8 mm , less than twice as long as broad, corolla 10-12 mm long; Throughout India
D. bupleuroides Nees (Syn: D. roxburghiana var. bupleuroides (Nees) Clarke): leaves ovate, base cuneate; outer bracteoles 5-7 mm long, more than twice as long as broad; corolla 5 mm long.; Throughout India
When looking for specimens from Western Himalayas we have to be vigilant about size of corolla and relative length breadth ratio of outer bracteoles.

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 14, 2022, 5:20:42 AM3/14/22
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg

Thank you Gurucharan Sir!

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2022, 7:24:08 AM3/21/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh
I will keep it and other similar observations from Nepal, as D.riparia, as per Checklist of Nepal and POWO 1 (D.riparia) and POWO 2 (Dicliptera chinensis (L.) Juss.), although I am yet not clear as to how to differentiate it from D.chinensis. Main distribution of D.riparia is stated to be Pegu and Tenassarim (Myanmar) as per FBI and China South-Central, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand as per POWO 1 (D.riparia), although it is not recorded in Flora of China
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 21, 2022, 8:04:28 AM3/21/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh
OK Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2022, 1:10:44 AM3/25/22
to GurcharanSingh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Singh ji,
May I request you to pl. post an image from the FBI for D. riparia Nees, as I am unable to find one on the net.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2022, 1:19:23 AM3/25/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
I think there is no need now.
As per Online account of Flora of Nepal, D. riparia Nees is not listed.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2022, 2:00:58 AM3/25/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Online account of Flora of Nepal says:
Diclipteria riparia Nees has also been reported from Nepal, based on only one collection, Zimmermann 1154. This specimen has not been traced, but it is likely that it is D. bupleuroides. These species are morphologically very similar and a detailed study from their entire distribution ranges is needed to confirm the taxonomic status of D. riparia.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju