SK626 07 JUL-2017:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 7, 2017, 11:20:20 AM7/7/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Soureni, Mirik, India
Date: 19 May 2017
Altitude: 4000 ft.

Hypericum cordifolium Choisy  ???

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0875.JPG
DSC_0877.JPG
DSC_0878.JPG
DSC_0879.JPG
DSC_0880.JPG
DSC_0881.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2017, 7:30:36 AM7/9/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
I am unable to recall the name. Pl. Check comparative images at efi site.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 9, 2017, 9:57:07 AM7/9/17
to J.M. Garg, amit chauhan, flowers...@gmail.com, Tabish, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

Could not decide.  Could someone help ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2017, 12:44:48 AM7/10/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Pl. Check for flower buds with expanded calyx in comparative images.
I think there is only one species like this.

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2017, 1:42:39 AM7/10/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Matches with images of Hypericum dyeri Rehder except that sepals are not Sepals linear or narrowly oblong-lanceolate.
Is this a variation or some other similar species not found in Flora of Pakistan as per keys here in ?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSC_0875.JPG
DSC_0877.JPG
DSC_0878.JPG
DSC_0879.JPG
DSC_0880.JPG
DSC_0881.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2017, 9:30:30 AM7/10/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Pl. Check for flower buds with expanded calyx in comparative images. I think only one species is having it.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 10, 2017, 11:52:55 AM7/10/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Mr. Garg! Sepals look quite different compared to efi images.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2017, 8:08:42 PM7/10/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Pl. Check species in Flora of Nepal, which are not there in Flora of Pakistan.

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2017, 2:39:19 AM7/21/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Pl. Check for flower buds with expanded calyx in comparative images.
I think there is only one species like this. - from me

Matches with images of Hypericum dyeri Rehder except that sepals are not linear or narrowly oblong-lanceolate.
Is this a variation or some other similar species not found in Flora of Pakistan as per keys here in ? - from me

Yes Mr. Garg! Sepals look quite different compared to efi images.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Pl. Check species in Flora of Nepal, which are not there in Flora of Pakistan. - from me

Nov 19, 2020, 6:58:00 AM11/19/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Hypericum uralum Buch.-Ham. ex D. Don !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 21, 2020, 3:23:41 AM11/21/20
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
No, these are different from Hypericum uralum as stamens are longer (in comparison to style and corolla lobes) and sepals are acuminate and not acute).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh