SK77AUG14-1016:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 14, 2016, 12:15:21 PM8/14/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

Sharing some pictures for identification. Shot at Surya Binayak Bhaktapur Nepal on 5 July 2016 at 5500 ft.

Thank you .

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_1053.JPG
DSC_1056.JPG
DSC_1057.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2016, 8:12:09 PM8/14/16
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Thanks, Saroj ji

Nidhan Singh

Aug 20, 2016, 11:53:29 AM8/20/16
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
If I am to guess, this can be Maesa sp.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 5:42 AM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (jmg...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Thanks, Saroj ji

On 14 Aug 2016 21:45, "Saroj Kasaju" <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 21, 2016, 7:43:26 AM8/21/16
to Nidhan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear All,

According to the color of fruits and the leaf texture it slightly matches  with the Maesa japonica (Thunb.) Moritzi. ex Zoll. but I am not sure. But it is not recorded in Nepal as per  available records.
Please advise.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 25, 2016, 3:23:25 AM8/25/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

If I am to guess, this can be Maesa sp.- from Nidhan ji

According to the color of fruits and the leaf texture it slightly matches with the Maesa japonica (Thunb.) Moritzi. ex Zoll. but I am not sure. But it is not recorded in Nepal as per  available records.  Please advise. Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

pl. see comparative images at Maesa in efi along with other details.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

DSC_1053.JPG
DSC_1056.JPG
DSC_1057.JPG

Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Aug 25, 2016, 3:39:34 AM8/25/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh
Look like Maesa for me too...

SANTHOSH
Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR MSc, PhD, FIAT, FABSc, FLS
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute (JNTBG&RI),
Palode, Karimancode P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
Mobile: +91 8547825373
www.drsanthosh.wikifoundry.com

Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 25, 2016, 4:04:01 AM8/25/16
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Dear Dr. Kumar,

Mr. Nidhan Singh has already ID about the Maesa sp. but need specific ID.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2016, 12:32:29 PM8/27/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 28, 2016, 2:04:25 AM8/28/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh
Here it looks like cauliflorous. To me it may be a species of Rapanea of Myrsinnaceae family.

Regards
Giby

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 30, 2016, 6:39:56 AM8/30/16
to Giby Kuriakose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Dear all
,
According to the listing of Myrsine in Nepal and leaf and cluster of fruits it looks closer to
Myrsine capitellata . Request your final opinion.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Link to Annotated Checklist of the Flowering Plants of Nepal home

 All Floras      Advanced Search
Nepal ChecklistLogin | eFloras Home | Help
Nepal Checklist | Family List | Myrsinaceae

Nepal Checklist @ efloras.org
Browse by
Family
Genera
Search by name

(% = wildcard)

 |  eFlora Home |  People Search  |  Help  |  ActKey  |  Hu Cards  |  Glossary  |

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 30, 2016, 1:21:04 PM8/30/16
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
I think Myrsine capitellata is correct

Regards
Giby

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 30, 2016, 1:45:36 PM8/30/16
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, J. M. Garg, Nidhan Singh

Thank you!

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 11, 2017, 9:35:32 AM1/11/17
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Location : Godawari, Nepal
Date : 10 January 2017
Altitude : 4900 ft.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 7:39 PM, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
I guess the correct ID is Myrsine seguinii H. Lév.( accepted name )
                                   Myrsine capitellata Wall. (synonym)

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nepali Names: सेतिकाठ Seti Kaath / बाकल पाते Baakal Paate / फलाम काठ Falaam Kaath

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
CSC_0099.JPG
DSC_1020.JPG
DSC_1021.JPG
DSC_1022.JPG
DSC_1024.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2017, 10:23:24 PM1/11/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Giby Kuriakose

Thanks,  Saroj ji