SK597 26 JUN-2017:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 26, 2017, 7:42:46 AM6/26/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Marpha, Mustang, Nepal
Date: 12 April  2017
Altitude: 9000 ft.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
CSC_0257.JPG
CSC_0258.JPG
DSC_0803.JPG
DSC_0804.JPG
DSC_0805.JPG
DSC_0807.JPG
DSC_0811.JPG
DSC_0810.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2017, 12:31:51 AM6/27/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Wonderful images, Saroj ji.

Nidhan Singh

Jun 27, 2017, 3:14:31 AM6/27/17
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Looks to be from Caryophyllaceae...any Arenaria?

Wonderful images, Saroj ji.

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 27, 2017, 4:04:06 AM6/27/17
to Nidhan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Arenaria serpyllifolia L.   ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2017, 8:13:58 AM6/27/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Nidhan ji.

J.M. Garg

Jul 7, 2017, 7:26:15 AM7/7/17
to Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Not  Arenaria serpyllifolia L. as per images herein. Pl. check with images at Arenaria orbiculata Royle ex Edgew. & Hook.f.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 7, 2017, 11:46:28 AM7/7/17
to J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

According to the images the positioning of leaves ( distance between two
leaves ) are very far and looks like matching with Arenaria serpyllifolia L.
Just my observation.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2017, 7:27:44 AM7/9/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Check the relative size of sepals and petals along with hairyness and apex of the leaves. I think these are quite different.

J.M. Garg

Jul 20, 2017, 2:48:21 AM7/20/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks to be from Caryophyllaceae...any Arenaria? - from Nidhan ji

Arenaria serpyllifolia L.   ??
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Not  Arenaria serpyllifolia L. as per images herein. Pl. check with images at Arenaria orbiculata

According to the images the positioning of leaves ( distance between two
leaves ) are very far and looks like matching with Arenaria serpyllifolia L.
Just my observation.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Check the relative size of sepals and petals along with hairyness and apex of the leaves. I think these are quite different.- from me

CSC_0257.JPG
CSC_0258.JPG
DSC_0803.JPG
DSC_0804.JPG
DSC_0805.JPG
DSC_0807.JPG
DSC_0811.JPG
DSC_0810.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2017, 2:46:41 AM8/8/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
As it appears closer to images at Arenaria serpyllifolia L. (Sepals 3.5-4 mm, lanceolate, acute to acuminate, scabrid, ± glandular or glabrous, margin scarious, usually 3-veined. Petals white, less than the length of the sepals. Capsule exceeding the sepals ...), but sepals are shorter than petals. I looked at keys in Flora of Pakistan, where another closer species was Arenaria leptoclados (Similar to Arenaria serpyllifolia but leaves obovate to spathulate, especially lower ones, usually mucronulate; sepals 2.5-3 mm. lanceolate, exceeding capsule, the calyx gradually narrowing above, not thickened at the base)

Flora of Pakistan says Arenaria serpyllifolia is very similar to the following 3 species (I think Arenaria orbiculata, Arenaria neelgerrensis & Arenaria leptoclados) described next and often difficult to separate satisfactorily. Variable in its vegetative characters, especially the indument. A. serpyllilfolia is a tetraploid (2n=40) and probably derived from A. leptoclados (a diploid) and another closely related species (McNeill, l.c. 1967).

CSC_0257.JPG
CSC_0258.JPG
DSC_0803.JPG
DSC_0804.JPG
DSC_0805.JPG
DSC_0807.JPG
DSC_0811.JPG
DSC_0810.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 6, 2020, 3:34:50 AM9/6/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Dear Mr. Garg, according to the book Fora of Mustang Arenaria serpyllifolia L. is not listed.
Out of listed 9 species I guess Arenaria neelgherrensis Wight & Arn matches to the closest.

Your opinion please !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 6, 2020, 3:41:42 AM9/6/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Arenaria orbiculata Royle ex Edgew. & Hook.f. as well not listed and does not look matching!

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2020, 4:18:37 AM9/10/20
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I did not get your stated keys ?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 11, 2020, 7:40:00 AM9/11/20

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 17.23.19.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 17.24.02.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 17.23.39.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 17.24.12.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 17.23.30.png

J.M. Garg

Sep 15, 2020, 11:57:01 AM9/15/20
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Yes. appears so.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 15, 2020, 12:18:50 PM9/15/20
to J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Garg.
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.