Plant ID_KARGIL

Anzar Khuroo

Jun 29, 2015, 2:33:17 AM6/29/15
to efloraofindia
Dear all

Pls help in the ID of this plant from Kargil.
Grows on dry slopes among rocks.
Exact location, where Suru river meets Drass river.

--
**********
Regards

Anzar A Khuroo
(NET, SET, M Phil, Ph D)
Senior Assistant Professor

Centre for Biodiversity and Taxonomy (CBT)
Department of Botany,
University of Kashmir
Srinagar - 190 006, Jammu and Kashmir, India

E-mail: anz...@gmail.comanz...@kashmiruniversity.net
Cell phone: +91- 9622666606 (within Kashmir); +91-8105050865 (outside Kashmir)

Citations:

Plant ID_Kargil_2_DSCN5662.jpg
Plant ID_Kargil_DSCN5661.jpg

D.S Rawat

ANZAR KHUROO

Jul 1, 2015, 4:15:06 AM7/1/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jul 1, 2015, 4:39:49 AM7/1/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, anz...@gmail.com
To me, it looks like a Fallopia sp. (Polygonaceae). Pl check.

Regards,
Ritesh

D.S Rawat

ANZAR KHUROO

Jul 2, 2015, 2:42:12 AM7/2/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, anz...@gmail.com
Thanks Dr Rawat and Dr Ritesh ji.
Yes Ritesh Ji is close to ID.
I checked for Fallopia convolvulus and F. dumetorum.

Still, I am not fully sure.

Ritesh ji may advice...

Anzar

J.M. Garg

Jul 6, 2015, 8:29:33 AM7/6/15
to efloraofindia, Anzar Khuroo

Some earlier relevant feedback:

To me, it looks like a Fallopia sp. (Polygonaceae). Pl check

Regards,
Ritesh

Yes Ritesh Ji is close to ID.
I checked for Fallopia convolvulus and F. dumetorum.
Still, I am not fully sure.
Ritesh ji may advice...
Anzar

Fallopia species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Plant ID_Kargil_2_DSCN5662.jpg
Plant ID_Kargil_DSCN5661.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 25, 2022, 1:37:08 AM2/25/22
to efloraofindia, Anzar Khuroo, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, D.S Rawat
This appears to be Fallopia convolvulus as per images and illustration at Wikipedia, Wikitionary, FoP and FoC
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
Plant ID_Kargil_2_DSCN5662.jpg