SK853 06 NOV-2017:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 6, 2017, 12:42:12 PM11/6/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Godawari Botanical Garden, Nepal
Altitude: 5000 ft.
Date: 6 November 2017

Potted !

Begonia.... ???

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0665.JPG
DSC_0666.JPG
DSC_0667.JPG
DSC_0668.JPG
DSC_0672.JPG
DSC_0673.JPG
DSC_0678.JPG
DSC_0680.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 7, 2017, 11:11:55 PM11/7/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Leaves look like this of Begonia.

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2017, 10:11:50 PM11/13/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Any feedback?

Promila Chaturvedi

Nov 14, 2017, 7:33:54 AM11/14/17
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
It can be Begonia masoniana.
Promila

Any feedback?

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 14, 2017, 8:25:03 AM11/14/17
to Promila Chaturvedi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Looks slight different to me though I am not an expert !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2017, 7:20:27 AM11/23/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, promila chaturvedi
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSC_0665.JPG
DSC_0666.JPG
DSC_0667.JPG
DSC_0668.JPG
DSC_0672.JPG
DSC_0673.JPG
DSC_0678.JPG
DSC_0680.JPG

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 11, 2017, 2:37:24 AM12/11/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, promila chaturvedi
Thanks, Nick ji

Very definitely a Begonia, related to B. palmata, but with no flowers it is hard to comment further.

All best
Nick

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2017, 2:00:37 PM12/13/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, promila chaturvedi
Thanks, Nick ji

Very definitely a Begonia, related to B. palmata, but with no flowers it is hard to comment further.

All best
Nick

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2017, 10:35:43 AM12/19/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Hi, Saroj ji,
Any views regarding the suggested id by Nick ji

J.M. Garg

Dec 25, 2017, 10:03:20 PM12/25/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Jan 1, 2018, 10:14:47 PM1/1/18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Hi, Saroj ji,
Any views in this matter pl.
From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: 6 November 2017 at 23:11
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

DSC_0665.JPG
DSC_0666.JPG
DSC_0667.JPG
DSC_0668.JPG
DSC_0672.JPG
DSC_0673.JPG
DSC_0678.JPG
DSC_0680.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2018, 8:56:00 AM1/16/18
to kasaj...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
DSC_0665.JPG
DSC_0666.JPG
DSC_0667.JPG
DSC_0668.JPG
DSC_0672.JPG
DSC_0673.JPG
DSC_0678.JPG
DSC_0680.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2018, 10:25:54 PM1/24/18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Feb 13, 2018, 1:23:30 PM2/13/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 13, 2018, 1:59:34 PM2/13/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2018, 11:48:35 PM2/15/18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
To be checked further.

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 17, 2018, 1:06:54 PM2/17/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Garg !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 28, 2018, 4:53:42 AM2/28/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Saroj ji,
You can finally check based on pdf available from link under thread Begonia in Northeast India

Mar 12, 2018, 1:44:11 AM3/12/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Also check Bigonia annulata as per the link.

J.M. Garg

Mar 22, 2018, 6:52:30 AM3/22/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Mark ji.

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: 6 November 2017 at 23:11
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

--

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983)

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 23, 2018, 10:44:41 AM3/23/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr. Mark for validating ID !

I also guessed so in the earlier mail.

By the way I would be sending couple of mails
for ID validation.  Hope you would reply at your
convenient time.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 23, 2018, 11:59:57 AM3/23/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Begonia flaviflora H.Hara

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

May 12, 2019, 4:52:19 AM5/12/19
to J.M. Garg, Mark Hughes, efloraofindia
Dear Mark,

I happened to shot flowering images of same plant 7 May 2019
and the flowers looks different from B.flaviflora which we have
earlier identified. The net image showing yellow flowers and
the description also says so. It also does not match with B.palmata
and B.nuwakotiensis.

Could you please look into this and advise?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0706.JPG
DSC_0707.JPG
DSC_0705.JPG
DSC_0703.JPG
DSC_0704.JPG
DSC_0708.JPG
DSC_0709.JPG
DSC_0710.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

May 12, 2019, 9:22:44 AM5/12/19
to Mark Hughes, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you Mark.

Dear Mr. Garg ,

I guess we need to correct the name in our site.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 2:50 PM Mark Hughes <MHu...@rbge.org.uk> wrote:
Ah the red hairs on the flowers and red warts on the fruit are distinctive. This is B. difformis.

Apr 25, 2020, 1:30:57 PM4/25/20
to Mark Hughes, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Dr. Mark,

Still doubtful that it does not look like a complete match to B. difformis.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 15, 2023, 12:30:09 PM9/15/23