Fwd: Adonis chryocyathus - new for eFI

J.M. Garg

Dec 9, 2016, 6:49:40 PM12/9/16
to efloraofindia, chrischa...@btinternet.com
Thanks a lot, Chadwell ji.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: C CHADWELL <chrischa...@btinternet.com>
Date: 10 December 2016 at 03:46
Subject: Adonis chryocyathus - new for eFI
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Whilst going through some of the slides I have scanned in from visits to Kashmir back
in the 1980s, came across a couple of shots of Adonis chrysocyathus, which you do not
appear to have any images of.

Not that good images but better than nothing.  Perhaps someone has some quality close-ups
taken with a digital camera to add?

A.chrysocyathus sometimes known as 'Golden Bowl' grows in large clumps on alpine meadows in
Kashmir @ 2700-3900m with Iris hookeriana and Euphorbia wallichii as they are all avoided by
grazing animals.

Stewart records 2 other Adonis.   A.aestivalis, a common spring annual with the flowers varying greatly in size
and colour.  Recorded in Pakistan and Kashmir @ 300-1800m.

Also, Adonis squarrosa, with a strange combination of records from Baluchistan, Kashmir, Kishtwar and Pangi....

Best Wishes,

Chris Chadwell

81 Parlaunt Road
SLOUGH
SL3 8BE
UK

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Adonis chrysocyathus near Nichinai Pass en route to Vishensar Lake, Kashmir (Chris Chadwell) II.jpg
Adonis chrysocyathus near Nichinai Pass en route to Vishensar Lake, Kashmir (Chris Chadwell) I.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 9, 2016, 6:51:14 PM12/9/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, C CHADWELL
Nice photographs Dr. Chadwell, thanks for sharing.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

C CHADWELL

Dec 10, 2016, 7:56:12 AM12/10/16
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Worthwhile to have whatever images are available of any many species as possible on this site -
even if not close-ups and taken 30 years ago.

Best Wishes,

Chris Chadwell

81 Parlaunt Road
SLOUGH