Cultivated plant for ID (Bignoniaceae) :: Mumbai :: ARKDEC01

Alka Khare

Dec 4, 2016, 9:02:52 AM12/4/16
to efloraofindia
Hello friends

Seen this plant in a cultivated garden in Mumbai in December 2016.

Requested to please ID the same.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 4, 2016, 11:24:17 PM12/4/16
to efloraofindia, Alka

Wonderful images. Pl. Try to find a match from comparative images in EFI site

IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 17, 2016, 9:40:00 AM12/17/16
to efloraofindia, Alka
I could not find a match from comparative images at Bignoniaceae
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 17, 2016, 9:55:47 PM12/17/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka
This should be Radermachera Kunming of Bignoniaceae.
Regards,
Aarti

Alka Khare

Dec 18, 2016, 5:36:02 AM12/18/16
to efloraofindia, jmg...@gmail.com, alk...@gmail.com, aarti...@gmail.com
Thank you Aarti ji. It does look like the images on the net.

But this seems to be a cultivar/hybrid?

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Dec 18, 2016, 7:54:57 AM12/18/16
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Aarti S. Khale, Alka
Thanks, Shrikant ji.

Dec 25, 2016, 11:48:22 PM12/25/16
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks, Varun ji.

Dec 26, 2016, 2:29:32 AM12/26/16
to efloraofindia, Alka, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks, Varun ji.

Jan 1, 2017, 11:16:22 PM1/1/17
to efloraofindia, alk...@gmail.com, aarti...@gmail.com
Apologies for the delayed response, I was travelling and hence could not reply.

Thanks to you Garg ji and Varun ji for providing correct ID.

Regards
Alka Khare
Thanks, Varun ji.

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2017, 2:41:23 AM1/16/17
to efloraofindia, Alka, Aarti S. Khale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

This should be Radermachera Kunming of Bignoniaceae.

Regards,
Aarti

Thank you Aarti ji. It does look like the images on the net.
But this seems to be a cultivar/hybrid?
Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

Radermachera cunming - from Shrikant ji

This could be Radermachera yunnanensis C.Y.Wu

Kind regards,

Varun

Still there no legitimate name under R. Kunming, and plant in photos is a cultivar of Radermachera and of Yunnan origin. Therefore there a possibility and should be R. yunnanensis.
Kind regards,
Varun

to efloraofindia, Alka, Aarti S. Khale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
A reply:
"This should be Radermachera yunnanensis C.Y.Wu
Kind regards,
Varun"

Thanks, Varun ji.

Alka Khare