Phyllanthus amarus ?

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2009, 9:55:07 PM11/15/09
to indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dinesh Valke
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Phyllanthus amarus is it I2 IMG_3851.jpg
Phyllanthus amarus is it I3 IMG_3851.jpg
Phyllanthus amarus is it I2 IMG_3854.jpg
Phyllanthus amarus is it I3 IMG_3854.jpg
Phyllanthus amarus is it I4 IMG_3851.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 15, 2009, 10:21:11 PM11/15/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Mr. Garg,

This may be P. amarus or even P. fraternus which is a commoner plant.
The leaves do not appear to be oblique at base and glaucous beneath,
so more probability of the latter. Yet the ribbing of seeds on the
back alone will split the 2 species; parallel for A. fraternus and
irregular for P. amarus. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

On Nov 16, 7:55 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/11/09 in Shamirpet <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamirpet> in Rangareddi
> district <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangareddi_district> of Andhra
> Pradesh <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andhra_Pradesh>,
> India<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India>
> .
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> Image Resource of more than a thousand species of Birds, Butterflies, Plants
> etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
>  Phyllanthus amarus is it I2 IMG_3851.jpg
> 223KViewDownload
>
>  Phyllanthus amarus is it I3 IMG_3851.jpg
> 221KViewDownload
>
>  Phyllanthus amarus is it I2 IMG_3854.jpg
> 227KViewDownload
>
>  Phyllanthus amarus is it I3 IMG_3854.jpg
> 191KViewDownload
>
>  Phyllanthus amarus is it I4 IMG_3851.jpg
> 197KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 19, 2009, 11:44:23 AM11/19/09
to indiantreepix, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dinesh Valke, mani nair
A reply from Mani Nair ji:
"It is called Bhu-avla in Hindi and Marathi and Kizharnelli in
Malayalam. Used in the treatment of Jaundice.
Thanks
Mani"

Vijayasankar Raman

Nov 19, 2009, 11:38:09 PM11/19/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dinesh Valke, mani nair
I think it is P. amarus only. If possible pl check if the number of tepals is 5 so that it can be confirmed.
P. fraternus has 6 tepals and the elliptic/obovate leaves will have a narrowed base in contrast to the former species.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 20, 2009, 3:10:20 AM11/20/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dinesh Valke
This is without doubt Phyllanthus amarus

Santhosh

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 8, 2009, 6:56:30 AM12/8/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dinesh Valke
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation
I think we need to have a relook at photographs in light of poster on Herbaceous species of Phyllanthus posted yesterday.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor