ID of the balsam

jui pethe

Nov 8, 2011, 12:59:20 AM11/8/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
hello!
want to know if this is something other than I. balsamina ?

--
Jui Pethe

Senior Research Fellow,
NAIP-ICAR Project,
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
Nashik

DSCN4428.jpg

Smita Raskar

Nov 8, 2011, 1:29:35 AM11/8/11
to jui pethe, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is... Impatiens balsamina var rosea
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

jui

Nov 8, 2011, 3:04:46 AM11/8/11
to efloraofindia
thanx a lot smita ji. :)

On Nov 8, 11:29 am, Smita Raskar <smita.ras...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes it is... Impatiens balsamina var rosea
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM, jui pethe <juipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello!
> > want to know if this is something other than I. balsamina ?
>
> > --
> > *Jui Pethe*

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 9, 2011, 4:40:02 AM11/9/11
to efloraofindia
The picture is too big and one must see the spur behind for a correct
ID. The location would also help. Regards, Shrikant

On Nov 8, 10:59 am, jui pethe <juipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello!
> want to know if this is something other than I. balsamina ?
>
> --
> *Jui Pethe*
>
> Senior Research Fellow,
> NAIP-ICAR Project,
> Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
> Nashik
>
>  DSCN4428.jpg
> 2814KViewDownload

jui

Nov 9, 2011, 5:11:28 AM11/9/11
to efloraofindia
the plant was photographed in Igatpuri block of Nashik district.
I am fwding the link to the entire lot of pictures of the balsam

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69588091@N06/6327944447/in/photostream

here it is.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 9, 2011, 7:07:43 AM11/9/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks, the short spur (less than 1 cm) is I. rosea (current name) or
syn I. balsamina var rosea as said by Smitaji. Regards, Shrikant
> > > 2814KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

jui

Nov 10, 2011, 6:45:48 AM11/10/11
to efloraofindia
Shrikant ji

thanks a lot for confirming the identification and also for ur books
which have been my first field guides.:)

Thanks a lot

Jui