MS Aug., 2017/06 Impatiens sp. for ID

M Sawmliana

Aug 17, 2017, 8:31:28 AM8/17/17
to efloraofindia
Location : Hmuifang, Mizoram
Altitude : ca 1,400 m.
Date : 16-08-2017
Habit : Herb
Habitat : Wild

Regards,
M.Sawmliana
Impatiens sp (1).JPG
Impatiens sp (2).JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2017, 8:51:17 AM8/17/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Pl. check with comparative images at Impatiens

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Impatiens sp (1).JPG
Impatiens sp (2).JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2017, 12:41:48 PM8/22/17
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
Impatiens sp (1).JPG
Impatiens sp (2).JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2017, 12:56:40 PM8/22/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Sawmliana ji.
Sep 1, 2017, 2:48:03 AM9/1/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Do you hav any other image showing the spur etc. ?
Does not seem to match with images at Impatiens tripetala
Appear close to images still to be identified and kept under Impatiens tripetala ? for the time being.

Jun 28, 2018, 3:06:07 AM6/28/18
to efloraofindia
Impatiens racemulosa

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2018, 3:19:02 AM6/28/18
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
Thanks, Sawmliana ji.

On 28 June 2018 at 12:36, M Sawmliana <msawm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Impatiens racemulosa

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2018, 1:08:34 AM11/14/18
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
I don't think this one is I. racemulosa.
You can compare your plant with pictures and description in recent paper:
Verma D., Lavania S., Gogoi R. 2016. Recollection and lectotypification of Impatiens racemulosa Wall. ex Hook.f. & Thomson (Balsaminaceae). Webbia 71,1:1-4.
I. racemulosa is regarded as endemic species, known only from Meghalaya, it has completely glabrous flowers, very small upper lateral petal, more narrow lower sepal, and racemose inflorescence

Jan 6, 2019, 3:19:54 AM1/6/19
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
I think it appears more closer to specimens of I. tripetala at GBIF and image at Impatiens tripetala