Blumea? ABAUG2016/45

Ashwini Bhatia

Aug 16, 2016, 1:22:00 PM8/16/16
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Is it a Blumea sp? Please advise.

Above Mcleodganj, Dharamshala, HP
2000m approx.
16 August 2016.

Thanks.
Ashwini

J.M. Garg

Aug 16, 2016, 10:41:20 PM8/16/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, efloraofindia

Thanks, Ashwini ji

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2016, 1:35:12 AM8/22/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Does not seem to match with any of the species as per comparative images so far in efi at Blumea

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Aug 26, 2016, 1:44:46 AM8/26/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Does not seem to match with any of the species as per comparative images so far in efi at Blumea

Jul 24, 2019, 7:07:03 AM7/24/19
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
To me appears close to Blumea lacera (Burm.f.) DC. as per images, details and references herein.

Jul 27, 2019, 11:03:20 PM7/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Garg. Most of the photos at the link show multiple flowers growing from the same node while our plants have solitary flowers. I am not sure if they match. Please check.

Warm regards,
Ashwini

To me appears close to Blumea lacera (Burm.f.) DC. as per images, details and references herein.
Jul 27, 2019, 11:54:33 PM7/27/19
to Ashwini Bhatia, efloraofindia
Yes. You have a valid point.
It has to be something else.

J.M. Garg

Aug 3, 2019, 9:41:39 AM8/3/19
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Any idea about the genus or tribe of Asteraceae?

Aug 4, 2019, 11:19:14 AM8/4/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Please compare with Carpesium arbotanoides...
Looks very likely...!!
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

J.M. Garg

Aug 4, 2019, 12:50:52 PM8/4/19
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Thanks, Nidhan ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ashwini Bhatia

Aug 4, 2019, 9:49:56 PM8/4/19
to Nidhan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Nidhan Singh ji. Carpesium looks very likely but our plant looks different from C. abrotanoides. I will look more closely soon.

Warm regards,
Ashwini

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 7:11 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any idea about the genus or tribe of Asteraceae?

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2019, 12:45:48 AM8/12/19
to Ashwini Bhatia, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Yes, looks different from images at Carpesium abrotanoides
Hi, Ashwini ji,
What are the other species of Carpesium reported from your area?
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

Ashwini Bhatia

Aug 12, 2019, 3:32:01 AM8/12/19
to J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Garg. I have not been able to look into this yet. I will look up the reference material I have soon.

Regards,
Ashwini

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2019, 4:24:16 AM8/12/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh
Carpesium nepalense Less. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 20, 2019, 2:42:42 AM8/20/19
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju, Ashwini Bhatia
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the id suggestion.
Although appears close at first glance, to me looks a bit different from Carpesium nepalense Lessing (particularly the length and shape of capitulum, lower leaves etc.) as per

to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju, Ashwini Bhatia
Also could not find a match as per comparative images at Senecioneae

J.M. Garg

Aug 20, 2019, 3:46:57 AM8/20/19
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju, Ashwini Bhatia
Also does not matches with Carpesium trachelifolium as per GBIF and Carpesium lipskyi Winkl. as per FOC illustration

Ashwini Bhatia

Aug 20, 2019, 9:21:55 AM8/20/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much Mr. Garg for pursuing it and Saroj ji again for suggestions. C. nepalense looks tantalisingly close but I am not yet sure. I am attaching a couple of additional photos taken this year to see if it helps.

Regards,
Ashwini

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 12:12, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the id suggestion.
Although appears close at first glance, to me looks a bit different from Carpesium nepalense Lessing (particularly the length and shape of capitulum, lower leaves etc.) as per
Flora of China  FOC illustration  iNaturalist  Illustration  Flickr  Flickr2 Taibif  GBIF (high resolution specimens)

Aug 20, 2019, 11:22:13 PM8/20/19
to Ashwini Bhatia, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Ashwini ji,
Yes, now it appears tantalisingly close as per

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Oct 3, 2021, 5:38:24 AM10/3/21
to Ashwini Bhatia, J.M. Garg, Ashwini Bhatia, Nidhan Singh, efloraindia
Looks matching with Carpesium trachelifolium Less.
SK 2994 26 September 2021
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju