ID of Utricularia species!

ravi g

Aug 1, 2011, 11:47:57 AM8/1/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Utricularia snaps from 1-4 are different species with floaters whereas Utricularia snaps from 5 to 7 are without floaters and smaller with yellow flowers!
utricularia1.JPG
utricularia2.JPG
utricularia3.JPG
utricularia4.JPG
utricularia 5.JPG
utricularia 6.JPG
utricularia 7.JPG

botlect

Aug 1, 2011, 11:56:27 AM8/1/11
to efloraofindia
Do help me in identification of the species level of both these
different plants.

Madhuri Pejaver

Aug 1, 2011, 1:25:56 PM8/1/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, ravi g
is the order with flowers and with floaters just reverse than written
Madhuri

Smilax004

Aug 1, 2011, 2:56:01 PM8/1/11
to ravi g, indiantreepix

Please check the following species

1-4 Utricularia aurea
4-7 utricularia exoleta

Would you please let me where you took these pictures from?

Regards,
Giby

>  utricularia1.JPG
> 68KViewDownload
>
>  utricularia2.JPG
> 105KViewDownload
>
>  utricularia3.JPG
> 130KViewDownload
>
>  utricularia4.JPG
> 116KViewDownload
>
>  utricularia 5.JPG
> 119KViewDownload
>
>  utricularia 6.JPG
> 192KViewDownload
>
>  utricularia 7.JPG
> 112KViewDownload

botlect

Aug 1, 2011, 9:06:11 PM8/1/11
to efloraofindia
It had floaters followed with flowers which were above the surface of
water. 1-4 Utricularia spp. Unfortunately these variety of plants
aren't existing anymore. Those photographs were taken four years back
in one of the lakes of Bangalore!

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2011, 1:44:39 AM11/3/11
to efloraofindia, ravi g, Smilax004, sarde...@gmail.com, sarde...@rediffmail.com, mkj...@yahoo.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Please check the following species

1-4 Utricularia aurea
4-7 utricularia exoleta

Would you please let me where you took these pictures from?

Regards,
Giby”

“It had floaters followed with flowers which were above the surface of water. 1-4 Utricularia spp.  Unfortunately these variety of plants
aren't existing anymore.  Those photographs were taken four years back in one of the lakes of Bangalore!” from Ravi ji.

Utricularia snaps from 1-4 are different species with floaters whereas Utricularia snaps from 5 to 7 are without floaters and smaller with yellow flowers!

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1740 members & 90,000 messages on 31/10/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6000 species).

utricularia1.JPG
utricularia2.JPG
utricularia3.JPG
utricularia4.JPG
utricularia 5.JPG
utricularia 6.JPG
utricularia 7.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Nov 3, 2011, 1:51:43 AM11/3/11
to efloraofindia, Giby Kuriakose
I have never heard of Utricularia having floaters??
Is it possible that these are two different plants?
Pankaj

On Nov 3, 1:44 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “Please check the following species
>
> 1-4 Utricularia aurea
> 4-7 utricularia exoleta
>
> Would you please let me where you took these pictures from?
> Regards,
> Giby”
>
> “It had floaters followed with flowers which were above the surface of
> water. 1-4 Utricularia spp.  Unfortunately these variety of plants
> aren't existing anymore.  Those photographs were taken four years back in
> one of the lakes of Bangalore!” from Ravi ji.

Giby Kuriakose

Nov 3, 2011, 1:56:18 AM11/3/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Pankaj ji

I think Ravi ji was referring the Bladders as floaters.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 3, 2011, 1:59:31 AM11/3/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
No there are white things attached with the stem below flower twigs if you see.
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36c, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
          sahani...@gmail.com
          pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
           +852 9436 6251 (mobile)

Giby Kuriakose

Nov 3, 2011, 2:04:12 AM11/3/11
to Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
oops yes I could see it now.
Thank you for point it out.

Regards
Giby

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 3, 2011, 2:14:04 AM11/3/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Pankaj ji and Giby ji
But I think these floats are a part of many species of Utricularia, to make inflorescence to remain emerged.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 3, 2011, 2:16:24 AM11/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thanks for the information sir...
Pankaj

Giby Kuriakose

Nov 3, 2011, 2:17:16 AM11/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thank you sir for the clarification.
Please find attached the full paper

Regards
Giby
Anatomy of the Floats of Utricularia inflexa Forsk. var. inflexa Taylor.pdf

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 3, 2011, 2:21:33 AM11/3/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Giby ji for complete paper.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2011, 8:33:39 AM11/3/11
to efloraofindia, ravi g, Smilax004, sarde...@gmail.com, sarde...@rediffmail.com, mkj...@yahoo.com
A reply:
"Dear Gargji,
utricularia1.JPG, utricularia2.JPG, utricularia3.JPG and utricularia4.JPG = U. stellaris
utricularia5.JPG, utricularia6.JPG and utricularia7.JPG = U. exoleta

regards,
jana"

Thanks a lot, Dr. Jana.

jana