ID of the Acanthaceae Plant

S Kasim .

Mar 3, 2017, 1:57:13 AM3/3/17
to efloraofindia
Dear all

Pl helpt me to ID this sub-shrub of Acanthaceae
Observed at Yelagiri Hills at a height of 600 ft.

with regards.

--
S M Kasim
F1- 31, Thedral Nagar, 4th Street

Dinesh Valke

Mar 3, 2017, 4:03:51 AM3/3/17
to S Kasim ., efloraofindia
Kasim ji ... just a guess, could be some Strobilanthes.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Mar 3, 2017, 8:03:57 AM3/3/17
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, S Kasim .
If so,  pl. Check comparative images in efi site

S Kasim .

Mar 3, 2017, 11:09:57 AM3/3/17
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thank you `mr. Dinesh Valke ji.
I also think that it may some Strobilanthes sp.
with regards.

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2017, 7:27:19 AM3/12/17
to efloraofindia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Kasim ji ... just a guess, could be some Strobilanthes.

Regards.
Dinesh

If so,  pl. Check comparative images in efi site - from me

Thank you `mr. Dinesh Valke ji.

I also think that it may some Strobilanthes sp.
with regards. --
S M Kasim

I did not find any match from the comparative images at Strobilanthes
However, it comes close to the images at Strobilanthes anceps ?, but not the same.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

_DSC0030.JPG
_DSC0026.JPG
_DSC0028 2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2017, 8:43:35 AM3/12/17
to efloraofindia, S Kasim ., Dinesh Valke
Thanks, Dr. wood.
YELAGIRI HILLS ... At a distance of 230 km from Chennai, 178 km from Bangalore, 145 km from Yercaud and 94 km from Vellore, Yelagiri is a hill region in Vellore district of Tamil Nadu, located in between the towns of Vaniyambadi and Jolarpettai

Mar 12, 2017, 9:11:25 AM3/12/17
to efloraofindia, S Kasim ., Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

It looks like Stenosiphonium only/now under Strobilanthes sps, without detailed description it is difficult to conclude, stamens, bracts, calyx etc are important in this genus
regards
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2017, 12:33:37 AM3/23/17
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Thanks,  Ramachandran ji

Mar 31, 2017, 4:21:19 AM3/31/17
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Does not matches with images at Strobilanthes foliosa

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 9, 2020, 10:34:50 AM3/9/20
to efloraofindia, S Kasim ., Lalithamba Avadhanam
It looks like Stenosiphonium setosum T.And; Reasons: A shrub; Leaves elliptic; flowers in dense spikes; bracts as long as calyx, calyx lobes glandular hairy.- from Lalithamba ji.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

_DSC0030.JPG
_DSC0026.JPG
_DSC0028 2.jpg

S Kasim .

Mar 10, 2020, 12:08:59 AM3/10/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks to all.
S  Kasim
F1- 31, Thendral Nagar, 4th Street
Kallikuppam
Ambattur
Chennai-600053

J.M. Garg

Mar 17, 2020, 6:07:07 AM3/17/20
to efloraofindia, S Kasim ., Lalithamba Avadhanam
I think it looks somewhat different from images at Strobilanthes carinei (syn: Stenosiphonium setosum T.Anderson) posted by Santhosh ji and specimens at GBIF and illustration in Flora of Karnataka

Mar 17, 2020, 8:09:25 PM3/17/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Tue 17 Mar, 2020, 6:25 PM Lalithamba Avadhanam, <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes , it is I agree with you

--
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2020, 12:28:24 AM3/18/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Also could not find any match as per as per
A Revision of the Strobilanthes kunthiana-Group (Phlebophyllum sensu Bremekamp) (Acanthaceae) by Mark A. Carine and others- Kew Bulletin 59(1):1–25 · January 2004 (Abstract- Morphological variation in the Strobilanthes kunthiana group is examined and species delimitation problems addressed. A taxonomic revision is presented recognising ten species from peninsular India. Two new species are described, Strobilanthes gamblei Carine, J. Alexander & Scotland and S. carnatica Carine, J. Alexander & Scotland).

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 16, 2021, 7:26:06 AM3/16/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 16, 2021, 7:27:04 AM3/16/21
to indiantreepix, S Kasim .
Mar 20, 2021, 6:45:34 AM3/20/21
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .

Could not find a match as per comparative images at Strobilanthes

Mar 20, 2021, 11:43:47 AM3/20/21
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Thanks a lot, Dr. Wood.

Mar 21, 2021, 12:24:42 AM3/21/21
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Thanks, Santhosh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mar 25, 2021, 2:37:43 AM3/25/21
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
HI, Santhosh ji,
To me looks different from images at Strobilanthes carnatica as earlier identified by you and as per GBIF specimen
After going through all species under 'A Revision of the Strobilanthes kunthiana-Group (Phlebophyllum sensu Bremekamp) (Acanthaceae) by Mark A. Carine and others- Kew Bulletin 59(1):1–25 · January 2004' and their  herbarium specimens in GBIF, I feel it appears to be S.cuspidata as per GBIF specimens- specimen 1

Pl. reconsider.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2021, 5:33:44 AM3/25/21
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Thanks, Dr. Wood. Yes, you have.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mar 25, 2021, 8:08:40 AM3/25/21
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes, Santhosh ji.

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 17:17, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar <santhos...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gargji
This group notoriously need a thorough reconsideration which I am  currently contemplating. Hope we can do a be

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021, 16:15 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg