efloraofindia:''For Id'' wild plant with roundish leaves at Talegaon Dabhade :June 2015: MR-02

Bhagyashri

Jun 24, 2015, 3:47:53 AM6/24/15
to efloraofindia

Hello friends,

Talegaon Dabhade Pune

JUne 2015

Requesting to please identify this wild plant with roundish leaves. no flowers or fruits were seen

--
Regards
Bhagyashri

Adittya Dharap

Jun 24, 2015, 6:00:54 AM6/24/15
to Bhagyashri, efloraofindia
This is early stage of Rivea laotica Convolvulaceae .

best regards

adittya

Bhagyashri

Jun 24, 2015, 7:30:16 AM6/24/15
to Adittya Dharap, efloraofindia
Adittya ji,
Many thanks for the Id of this plant which has interesting leaves
Regards
Bhagyashri
--
Regards
Bhagyashri

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2015, 11:45:57 AM6/29/15
to efloraofindia, Adittya Dharap, Bhagyashri Ranade
Thanks, Adittya ji,
From persual of refrences at Rivea & at link it appears that there is some taxonomic confusion & Rivea laotica in India may actually be Rivea ornata (Roxb.) Choisy.
Comments are welcome.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

180620153607_1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2015, 11:51:47 PM6/29/15
to efloraofindia, Adittya Dharap, Bhagyashri Ranade
Thanks, Ron ji, for these valuable inputs.

From: "J.M. Garg"
Date: Monday, June 29, 2015 11:45 am
To: efloraofindia
Cc: Adittya Dharap , Bhagyashri Ranade

> Thanks, Adittya ji,
> From persual of refrences at Rivea
> > l/cl/convolvulaceae/rivea>& at link
> it
> appears that there is some taxonomic confusion & *Rivea laotica
> *in India
> may actually be *Rivea ornata *(Roxb.) Choisy.

> Comments are welcome.

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2015, 11:52:23 PM6/29/15
to efloraofindia, Adittya Dharap, Bhagyashri Ranade
Thanks a lot, Mahua ji.

Jun 30, 2015, 12:26:13 AM6/30/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Adittya Dharap, Bhagyashri Ranade
It is an Argyreia species.(Convolvulaceae)

Bhagyashri

Jun 30, 2015, 5:14:37 AM6/30/15
to Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Adittya Dharap
Thank you Garg ji, Ron ji, Mahua ji and Santhan ji.
Regards
Bhagyashri
--
Regards
Bhagyashri

Adittya Dharap

Jul 1, 2015, 1:58:45 AM7/1/15
to Bhagyashri, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Hi,

I have seen the detailed communication and I agree that the plant is too young to identify. But knowing the area (Talegaon Dabhade) very well, I am sure that this is Rivea laotica  (as pointed out by Ron Kushner R.ornata & R. laotica are treated as synonyms. but both the names are unresolved according to Plant List).

The Two Revia s occuring in Talegaon are Rivea hypocrateriformis & R.laotica. These two Rivea s clearly differ in habit, leaf size and shape & inflorescence. Following is the key from Flora of Maharashtra.

RIVEA Choisy
1. Woody climbers; peduncles usually 1.flowered;
corolla glabrous outside................ .R. hypocrateriformis
1. Erect undershrubs or shrubs; peduncles usually 2.7.flowered;
corolla appressedly hairy only along mid.petaline bands .............. R. laotica

I will post the images of these two Rivea s revealing the these distinct characters.

Regarding the synonyms and correct names for R.laotica & R.ornata , I am not the right person who can comment on.

best regards

Adittya Dharap

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Jul 2, 2015, 1:56:09 AM7/2/15
to Adittya Dharap, Bhagyashri, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
We can agree Mr. Adittya comment. Thanks Mr. Adittya.

girish kumar ellezhuthil

Jul 4, 2015, 2:12:05 AM7/4/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
It reminds Menispermaceae member....wait for flowering

Bhagyashri

Jul 4, 2015, 3:40:01 AM7/4/15
to girish kumar ellezhuthil, efloraofindia
Girish kumar ji,
Thank you.