Malvaceae Fortnight:: Grewia from Dehradun: NS July 05/05

Nidhan Singh

Jul 30, 2015, 7:24:48 PM7/30/15
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This small tree was seen in outskirts of Dehradun city, few years back...no leaf pics were recorded..
Grewia optiva again ??

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Grewia sp (1).JPG
Grewia sp (2).JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 4, 2015, 12:52:36 AM8/4/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

efi page on Grewia optiva

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Grewia sp (1).JPG
Grewia sp (2).JPG

mayur nandikar

Aug 4, 2015, 4:54:40 AM8/4/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Grewia multiflora (=Grewia serrulata) possibly!!

Dr. Mayur D. Nandikar
Naoroji Godrej Centre for Plant Research (NGCPR)
c/o Lawkim Motors Division
431, Village Shindewadi, Post Shirwal,
Dist: Satara, Maharashtra, India 412 801
Office 02169-244401 (Ext 640)
email: nand...@godrej.com

D.S Rawat

Aug 4, 2015, 5:13:15 AM8/4/15
to efloraofindia
Yes G.serrulata to me; as already suggested by Dr Mayur.
DSRawat Pantnagar

J.M. Garg

Aug 4, 2015, 7:59:17 AM8/4/15
to efloraofindia, Vijay Paithane, Mayur Nandikar, D.S Rawat, Nidhan Singh

to efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Mayur Nandikar, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Grewia multiflora (=Grewia serrulata) possibly!!
Dr. Mayur D. Nandikar

Yes G.serrulata to me; as already suggested by Dr Mayur.
DSRawat Pantnagar

Grewia optiva
Dr. Vijay Ashruba Paithane

efi pages on Grewia optiva &  Grewia serrulata

Aug 8, 2015, 1:42:11 AM8/8/15
to efloraofindia, Vijay Paithane, Nidhan Singh

Dec 16, 2017, 6:56:55 AM12/16/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
To me appears close to images at Grewia serrulata DC.
These match with your another thread at Flora of Chakrata: Grewia serrulata from Chakrata Kalsi road &

Are your posted images are from Dehradun or Chakrata as exactly same images you have posted from both places ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Grewia sp (1).JPG
Grewia sp (2).JPG