Re: [Indians in Toulouse: 1809] money transfer to India

22 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin
Viesti on poistettu

Thangasivam

lukematon,
19.4.2011 klo 5.09.2519.4.2011
vastaanottaja indiansi...@googlegroups.com, ganga...@gmail.com
Hi,

I am using ICICI money2india since 2006.
https://m2inet.icicibank.co.in/m2iNet/m2iNetLoginForm.jsp

I feel :
Exchange rate is good.
fast transfer.
No huge commission for amounts starting from 801 euros.
Quick Status update about the transfer.
ICICI money2india is having an account in a french bank.

Quick procedure :
You need to create an account in ICICI money2india. (It is not necessary that you have an account in ICICI bank in India.)
Once you have done this.
You add beneficiary details and place a request to send money to india. Reference number will be generated.
ICICI money2india's french account will be displayed.
Now with your local french bank, You will be transfering money in euros to that account (ICICI money2india's french account) with a reference number generated in ICICImoney2india.
Online banking with your local french bank would be more comfortable.
within 3 working days, ICICImoney2india will transfer to the beneficiary in india in indian rupees.

Go through the last section in this link.
http://sites.google.com/site/indiansintoulouse/toulouse-city/banking

Hope this helps.

@ Others: correct me if i missed some details.

Cheers
Sivam

On 19 April 2011 09:42, Gangadhar Sulkunte <ganga...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Friends

Thank you for all your good comments and information on this forum. Thanks to the information from this forum, I was able to watch World cup online, know about the tax formalities, make VoIP calls to India etc.

Have any of you transferred money to India from France? What is the best way? Since most of the Indian money transfer services are targeted at people in USA, I am finding it difficult to find one that works for us in France. Your help and information is much appreciated!

Gangadhar

S.L. Narasimhulu

lukematon,
19.4.2011 klo 7.26.1219.4.2011
vastaanottaja indiansi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are several options, but most popular one is 'ICICI Money 2 India'. It takes 4 - 5 days max to reach India. The registration is also easy and user friendly. pls check this link: https://m2inet.icicibank.co.in/m2iNet/m2iNetLoginForm.jsp

other options would be: direct authorziation transfer in local bank for e.g. in HSBC you can authorization form with clear details (one time registration) and later you can send mail to them. the charges are more in this option. so i suggest you use online transfer like ICICI, Remit 2 india etc.

Now is the good time to do transfers!... all the best.

Thanks,
SLN

Prithwiraj De

lukematon,
19.4.2011 klo 8.12.2119.4.2011
vastaanottaja indiansi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have transferred money from France to Indi

--
Dr. Prithwiraj De.
Post Doctoral Fellow

Prithwiraj De

lukematon,
19.4.2011 klo 8.19.0819.4.2011
vastaanottaja indiansi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have transferred money several times. To me, the best option is going to my bank at Toulouse and asking them to transfer money to the account in India. They need the following:

Ac No, BIC code, IFSC code, Branch code, amount and 16.50 € as charge (for a sum more than 800 €).
It is,I feel, the safer way to transfer as it concerns hard earned money. Cheaper ways of transferring money may include a possibility called "third party transfer" which I feel is a bit risky business.

Prithwiraj

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 1:26 PM, S.L. Narasimhulu <narasimhulu.sl@gmail.com> wrote:
Viesti on poistettu

Yogesh PARTE

lukematon,
6.5.2011 klo 1.16.256.5.2011
vastaanottaja Indians in Toulouse
Hello all!
Recently there were few emails concerning money transfer to India
using ICICI bank's "Money2India" channel.

For those who are interested in this channel of money transfer, the
relevant information with detailed procedures is available on
http://www.icicibank.com/pfsuser/icicibank/ibank-nri/nrinewversion/money_transfer/money_transfer_europe.html

with regards,
YP
===

ashwini a.j.

lukematon,
6.5.2011 klo 7.27.096.5.2011
vastaanottaja indiansi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the Info!
But, wat about the other way round? which is the easiest way to send money to Toulouse from India?
I'm coming there as a student of ISAE.
Thanks in advance :)
ashwini

Yogesh Parte

lukematon,
6.5.2011 klo 7.56.516.5.2011
vastaanottaja indiansi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
You have several options to transfer money FROM India to France
  • Get it as cash (check FERA regulations in India, normally you can carry 2000 euros without declaration)
  • Get the requisite amount as traveler cheque and  encash them in French post offices (La Poste).
  • Use "Western Union Money Transfer"
  • Register with FnaK foundation, with their help open a bank account in French bank before your arrival in France and do wire-transfer from Indian bank account to French bank account.
  • Avail State bank of India's "Vishwa-Yatra card".
  • Carry VISA or MASTRO credit card.
  • Open NRE bank account in India and register your French bank account for third party transfer.
  • If you are "Eiffel scholar" , consult "Campus France" desk in India.
The transaction time, cost and commission/charges for each of these services vary. You can call relevant agencies to get the prevailing charges.

Do carry at least 1200 euros in cash. Consult my "Guide for Indian Students Coming to Toulouse" for further details.

with regards,
YP
====
Vastaa kaikille