Insufficient Storage Space On Titanium Backup

Pratit Desai

Jun 25, 2012, 11:43:38 PM6/25/12
to Google Groups
 thistechiegirl_titaniumerror

Using a custom ROM on an Android device has its benefits — more battery life, buttery smooth speed, rom control, tweaks, and mods. Of course, not all custom ROMs are stable, many are still on beta stage, and updates are released almost every week. Non-wipe version updates doesn’t require any factory reset or cache wipe which I find it less of a hassle because I don’t need to do go over the setup wizard and restore all of my apps on Titanium Backup that could take some time especially if you have a lot of apps and games installed, unlike with a wipe version.

If you have Titanium Backup installed on your previous version, doing a non-wipe install could stop the process of Titanium Backup. You might receive a pop-up notification that Titanium Backup has stopped working. Reinstalling the app might lead to an insufficient storage space error — when an app is uninstalled or modified, it leaves a .odex residue file which causes the error. So all you have to do is delete the .odex file of Titanium Backup.

Here’s how:

Using any file explorer like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer, go to /data/app , find and delete”com.kermidas.TitaniumBackup-1.odex“.

And now you can install Titanium Backup again!

Pratit Desai

Vishal Mehta

Jun 26, 2012, 12:16:26 AM6/26/12
to indian-...@googlegroups.com

Tfs

I found this issue when i moved from pure ics 7.3 to 7.4 without wipe.  I thot it was a rom issue and then moved to resurrection rom.

V M

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2

--
http://www.stuffcool.com Accessorize your Android phone with the best cases, screen protectors, chargers & car mounts. COD + Free Delivery @ 3000+ locations in India. ╔═════════════════════════╗ Powered by → http://BBIndia.net Twitter → @AndroidINForum FB → http://fb.com/AndroidINForum ╚═════════════════════════╝

Pratit Desai

Jun 26, 2012, 12:18:09 AM6/26/12
to indian-...@googlegroups.com
This is Preetham & Sachin's all famous issue too.. :)

Pratit Desai

Sachin Jain

Jun 26, 2012, 12:57:44 AM6/26/12
to Android India
Aha so this was the issue. Ashish Mehra also had this issue :)

TFS :)
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Pratit Desai <pratit.n...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:48:09 +0530
Subject: Re: [Android India] Insufficient Storage Space On Titanium Backup

Preetham Gowda

Jun 26, 2012, 12:59:53 AM6/26/12
to indian-...@googlegroups.com
Went by ur's & Prakash Bhai's suggestion of a factory reset.. Don't have any of these hassles now!

Regards,

Preetham Gowda

Sent From My BlackBerry® Bold 9900

From: Pratit Desai <pratit.n...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:48:09 +0530

Ashish Mehraa

Jun 26, 2012, 1:00:03 AM6/26/12
to indian-...@googlegroups.com

Just checked the data folder but I don't see any such file.... Still can't install tb :/

Touched On My Nexus
Ashish Mehraa

Pratit Desai

Jun 26, 2012, 1:10:31 AM6/26/12
to Google Groups
Impossible it seems, check again..

/data/app , find and delete”com.kermidas.TitaniumBackup-1.odex“

Use Root Explorer..

I also had this issue this time and did it..

From: Ashish Mehraa <mehr...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:30:03 +0530