Multiple duplicate audiobooks in iTunes

Bill Amatneek

Dec 8, 2017, 4:25:05 PM12/8/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried shutting down your system and restarting it?
BA

On Dec 8, 2017, at 1:14 PM, indesi...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Anu Skinner <anu.s...@gmail.com>: Dec 07 06:39PM -0600

I'm hoping that some of the list members have a good knowledge of the ins
and outs of iTunes 12.7.2.58.

I've just imported a CD audiobook into my iTunes library, and all of a
sudden there are now multiple duplicates of previous audiobooks I've
imported (in excess of 20 in many instances). Additionally, it tells me
that I have in excess of 7,000 files an more than 11 TB of data.

I know this cannot be true, because the drive on which my iTunes library
resides has a capacity of only 250 GB.

There is obviously something wrong with the iTunes database. Does anyone
know how this could happen, and, more importantly, how this can be repaired?

A Google search for duplicate audiobooks in iTunes does not result in a
satisfactory solution. I do NOT want to go through iTunes and delete
duplicates because I do not believe there actually are duplicates. I'm
concerned that I would loose my audiobook library entirely.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Anu Skinner

Rick Gordon

Dec 8, 2017, 10:51:47 PM12/8/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Is this any help?

https://www.kirkville.com/how-to-rebuild-your-itunes-library/

On December 8, 2017 at 7:50:29 PM [-0800],
Bill Amatneek wrote in an email entitled
"[ID] Multiple duplicate audiobooks in iTunes":

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING
WWW: http://www.shelterpub.com