CC2018

John Kramer

Nov 15, 2017, 1:11:27 PM11/15/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Just an alert for anyone switching to Indesign 2018:

There seems to be a glitch if you import preferences from 2017, and have “Check Links Before Opening Document” unchecked under File Handling.

For some reason that prevented the creation of full-resolution pdfs from 2018.

There’s a meandering thread on Adobe Forum, but here is the crucial part:
For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed Launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe InDesign” and “com.adobe.InDesign.plist”.

That worked for me. Disconcertingly some users report that the problem re-occurs, but I seem to be stable so far. And no other glitches in 2018.

John