CS6 :: stroke width doesn't overprint completely

thomas olbrich

Feb 8, 2018, 9:10:02 AM2/8/18
to InDesign Talk - Google
A shape with fill + stroke does not overprint the stroke completely but only its half width. – Is it a bug or my misuse?

A shape with a stroke color of default [Black] should overprint automatically and in its full width, right? It seems to refuse with any setting: Neither the position of the stroke (outside, centered, inside) nor an additional checked overprint checkbox (in panel ‚Attribute‘) does show a full width overprint. My ID pref for overprint default [Black] is activated.

A stroke with custom Black (0/0/0/100) enables full stroke-width overprint.
Also a workaround with 2 seperate objects for fill and stroke does work.
– I wonder if this is the only way to make it work?

Thanks for hints!
- thomas