Text wrap affects live caption

Michael Brady

Jun 27, 2016, 10:35:07 PM6/27/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
I want to use Live Caption with inline graphics and apply a text wrap to the grouping (image and caption frame). When I do that, ID shows the two as a group (dotted line) with a text wrap boundary around both of them. But the text wrap affects the caption text, and, unfortunately, when I selected the caption frame and in the Text Frame Options dialog box select “Ignore Text Wrap,” it has no effect. That is, the text wrap still pushes the caption text out of the frame.

(1) How can I make the text wrap not affect the caption frame? And (b) can I do that globally, e.g., with an Object Style? This project has beaucoup such objects and I’d like not to have to futz with each one of them individually.

Danke, mes amigos

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Michael Brady

C F Majors

Jun 28, 2016, 12:15:56 AM6/28/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
I recall that the ignore text wrap setting works when the text is below the object. When I looked that up I found this.

If you can’t get the text to wrap around an image, make sure that Ignore Text Wrap isn’t selected for the text frame that doesn’t wrap. Also, if Text Wrap Only Affects Text Beneath is selected in Composition preferences, make sure that the text frame is beneath the wrap object.

Text frames inside a group aren’t affected by a text wrap you apply to the group.

Michael Brady

Jun 28, 2016, 1:48:26 AM6/28/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Carol:

> I recall that the ignore text wrap setting works when the text is below the object. When I looked that up I found this.
>
> If you can’t get the text to wrap around an image, make sure that Ignore Text Wrap isn’t selected for the text frame that doesn’t wrap. Also, if Text Wrap Only Affects Text Beneath is selected in Composition preferences, make sure that the text frame is beneath the wrap object.
>
> Text frames inside a group aren’t affected by a text wrap you apply to the group.

Never mind (best Emily Litela voice).

The object style with the text wrap did not include Ignore Text Wrap, and adding it manually apparently didn’t override the obj style. I edited the O.S. and made it work.

Ciao
Michael

C F Majors

Jun 28, 2016, 3:57:21 AM6/28/16