Re: [ID] Digest for indesign-talk@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Michael Dodds

May 24, 2016, 6:47:00 PM5/24/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Or ... put in blank pages to make it flow correctly - then revert to the original file.

On May 24, 2016, at 5:16 PM, indesi...@googlegroups.com wrote:

google <forsal...@gmail.com>: May 24 08:16AM -0400

Something is not adding up. If all sections begin with an even (left) page and end with an odd (right) page then all pages are in spreads and should export correctly. Is this a publication where even-numbered pages are on the right? If that is the case, then you will not be able to export spreads where one section ends and the next begins. If you really need to present this as a pdf of spreads, a work-around is to export each section separately and then place those pdfs into a new blank ID file so that you have one big file with no section breaks that you can export as continuous spreads.

Rebecca Evans
Senior Designer/Compositor
University of North Carolina Press

katmcg <kat...@mindspring.com>: May 24 08:25AM -0700

Doesn’t make any sense to me either, Rebecca.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfmcaxn8uniqtai/Spreads_singlePages.zip?dl=0

The dropboxed zip contains 4-page ID cs6, the book screen shot & the pdf that shows both single & spreads when exported to spreads.
Still can’t figure it out. Anyone willing to take a look? Help would be much appreciated.

Kat

google <forsal...@gmail.com>: May 24 08:34AM -0400

I found the auto-page-frame scripts/add-ons problematic so only used one a few times.

Just for my own information, I did a test with four masters: A, B based on A, C based on B, and D. I put a page outline on D, based A on D, and all the masters picked up the page frame. When I deleted that master, the page outline was removed from all the masters and all the pages.

However, because CS3 is not behaving well with master-page items, you could add a layer called something obvious like “OUTLINES! REMOVE!” to hold a page outline. You could have a three-sided box with no stroke on the inside for facing pages so there would not be a line down the middle of a spread when you export a pdf as spreads.