Removing Skyfonts Solution

Sharon Villines

May 28, 2014, 7:59:48 AM5/28/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com, Publis...@yahoogroups.com
From Fonts.com.

To remove Skyfonts on a Mac:

1. Search for activity monitor
2. Select Monotype SkyFonts
3. Quit Process
4. Open applications folder
5. Drop Monotype SkyFonts in the trash
6. Empty Trash
7. Restart

This appears to be the only way to remove them. just dragging the icon to the trash or trying to quit the application doesn't work.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca

Kat

May 28, 2014, 12:54:15 PM5/28/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Let me guess. You're giving up SkyFonts.
kat

Sharon Villines

May 28, 2014, 1:47:17 PM5/28/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com

On May 28, 2014, at 12:54 PM, Kat <k...@mcgraphics.us> wrote:

> Let me guess. You're giving up SkyFonts.

I didn't realize I had bought into them. And the solution below from Fonts.com does work to delete the enabling software but not the fonts, though I can configure the View menu to not show them. When I try to delete them, I get an error message.

InDesign wasn't distinguishing between skyfonts and fonts on my computer. They are from the same designer and the same versions. Yesterday, I had to manually open desktop fonts and close skyfonts.

>> From Fonts.com.
>>
>> To remove Skyfonts on a Mac:
>>
>> 1. Search for activity monitor
>> 2. Select Monotype SkyFonts
>> 3. Quit Process
>> 4. Open applications folder
>> 5. Drop Monotype SkyFonts in the trash
>> 6. Empty Trash
>> 7. Restart

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Giving back is the best marketing." Scott Harrison

Kat

May 29, 2014, 4:19:10 PM5/29/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Sheez…