PDF to fixed layout epub

C F Majors

Sep 7, 2017, 5:12:20 PM9/7/17
to Indesign talk 2010
Hi People,

I have a PDF book that needs to stay in the fixed layout format for Ingram. Otherwise I could convert it at CreateSpace. I am looking for the right toolset for this. I do not have CC,

Calibre & iBooks author have all failed so far. The bitmap images were turned into “negatives” — and this is a cartoon book.

I am beginning to think I should separate the book sources and put the ebook on Amazon only.

I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction. It was so easy at CreateSpace, surely there is an equivalent somewhere for EPUB3.

Thank you,
Carol

Rick Gordon

Sep 8, 2017, 3:30:34 AM9/8/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
CircularFLO has the capability of making fixed-layout EPUBs (and
fixed-layout for Kindle in concert with Kindle Previewer or kindlegen)
from PDFs. I've used it successfully.

It works by creating an InDesign document with a placed PDF page on each
InDesign page. Links can be preserved.

https://www.circularsoftware.com

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING