Font size in Windows.

Sharon Villines

Aug 14, 2017, 2:43:05 PM8/14/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
I’m afraid I asked this before and got a negative response but hope springs eternal.
. Maybe things changed.

I’m working on a laptop with a retina display. The sizes of font in the windows, like the indexing window, are so small I’m getting eyestrain. If I change the resolution of the screen, everything else is huge and I lose real estate. Is there any solution?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC

"Give someone a book, they'll read for a day. Teach someone to write a
book and they will spend a life-time mired in paralyzing self doubt."

Rick Gordon

Aug 14, 2017, 5:37:26 PM8/14/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Does this help?
http://osxdaily.com/2016/05/23/increase-system-text-size-mac-os-x-scaled-resolution/

1. Go to the  Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”
2. Go to the “Display” preference panel, then to the “Display” tab
* *For Retina Display Macs:*
1. Next to the “Resolution” section, choose “Scaled”
2. Select “Larger Text” from the options available, you will
see a pop-up message saying “Are you sure you want to switch
to this scaled resolution? When using this scaled
resolution, some applications may not fit entirely on
screen.” so choose “OK” to confirm that you wish to use the
larger text size scaled resolution

Rick Gordon

--------------------
On August 14, 2017 at 11:35:16 AM [-1000],
Sharon Villines wrote in an email entitled
"[ID] Font size in Windows.":
RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING
WWW: http://www.shelterpub.com

Sharon Villines

Aug 14, 2017, 6:19:31 PM8/14/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com

> On Aug 14, 2017, at 5:37 PM, Rick Gordon <li...@rickgordon.com> wrote:
>
> Does this help?
> 1. Go to the  Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”
> 2. Go to the “Display” preference panel,

Yes, but it makes everything on the desktop larger. All the other windows and menus.

I would like to have a choice specific to indesign.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC

"Save Our Planet. It's the only one with chocolate."

John Kramer

Aug 14, 2017, 7:01:52 PM8/14/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
This may come down to personal preference. And lens correction?
Some time after I got my retina laptop, I tried to set up my 27” iMac as a secondary monitor, but couldn’t stand the fuzziness.
I wear progressive lenses, but used fixed-length eyeglasses when I am working on the computer.