Table cells

Karol Keane

Oct 27, 2017, 2:32:10 PM10/27/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
Excuse me if this is an obvious question - have been up a lot of nights lately putting a medical book together for print.

I have a large matrix - a Word file full of tables - probably 30 pages.

When I import it into Indesign - several of the tables end with a red circle in the cell - there’s clearly more text in the cell-but it’s at the bottom of the page.

How do I “continue” the cell onto the next page?

Thanks in advance, you are a great group,
Karol
Karol A. Keane
Keanedesign
3801 Northampton St., NW,
Washington, DC  20015

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
Leonardo daVinci

Yanchak, James

Oct 27, 2017, 2:45:40 PM10/27/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
You cannot “continue” the cell. A cell is absolute, so any text which cannot be displayed in a given location cannot be automatically carried over to a new page. In those cases you have to insert a new row (possibly with special formatting to make it look like it continues) and move the overset text to the cells in the new row manually.

James Yanchak
Production Technologies Manager
CRC Press
Taylor & Francis Group, LLC
an Informa company

Karol Keane

Oct 27, 2017, 2:51:26 PM10/27/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!

Boris Kas

Oct 27, 2017, 4:04:50 PM10/27/17
to InDesign Talk - Google
A script for dividing the cells of a table line by paragraph.
Do NOT use to work with cells that participate in groups.
Before starting, you need to place the cursor in the text of any cell in the desired line.

Tests are carried out on copies of files.

Thank you very much!

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/indesign-talk.

Всего доброго, Борис