buy template with stylesheets

katmcg

Apr 12, 2016, 11:17:02 AM4/12/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Any good places to buy template with stylesheets for 8.5 in x 11 like annual reports but not?

Kat

Gert Verrept

Apr 14, 2016, 1:37:18 AM4/14/16
to InDesign talk
I don't think it's useful. The client's demands rarely ever are the same as the template you have. Just start from zero so you don't have to worry how the templates were made up. Everyone has his own idea on how to do things, so buying a template can be frustrating too if too many changes have to be made.
gert

Gert Verrept

Apr 14, 2016, 1:56:52 AM4/14/16
to InDesign talk
Just thought about it, "Indesignsecrets" have monthly templates, if you're a member.

Gert

John Kramer

Apr 14, 2016, 8:54:31 AM4/14/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 14, 2016, at 1:37 AM, Gert Verrept <gertv...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think it's useful.

I’m with Gert. And I’m speaking as someone who *makes* such templates from time to time.

C F Majors

Apr 14, 2016, 10:03:49 AM4/14/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Crazy thought, but look at Editorium for his word style sheet. What you really want is something standard to work from. No matter what you do with it next. If you create your own, then always import it into the InDesign doc to begin.

Carol

> On Apr 12, 2016, at 11:16 AM, katmcg <kat...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> Any good places to buy template with stylesheets for 8.5 in x 11 like annual reports but not?
>
> Kat

William Adams

Apr 14, 2016, 10:13:45 AM4/14/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
One of these days, I'm going to go through Word, create an example document which uses _all_ the stylesheets, and then try to limit myself to using only those stylenames....

C F Majors

Apr 14, 2016, 10:16:28 AM4/14/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Yes yes yes!

katmcg

May 27, 2016, 11:31:04 AM5/27/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Editorium for his word style sheet
What is Editium

I’ve gotten addicted to templates. Just don’t have the time to start from scratch. My client has a brandcenter with bunch that give me their styleguide information. I just finished my first powerpoint ever & client templates had styleguide transitions, animationss, sizes & layout, same for their IDs.

I’ve downloaded all Creative Blog’s template. I don’t use them but it’s nice to know they are there.

Kat