Fun with CC 2018

Andrew Brown

Oct 27, 2017, 6:11:51 AM10/27/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Having rashly updated to CC2018 I find myself backdated a few centuries to inches and picas. A4 is now 49p7.276 by 70p1.89 and I can see no way of escaping to the metric present. Some preferences were carried forward, others not, and it seems that revisions made to the preferences are not preserved or not applied.

Anyone else having similar problems?

AB

Dick Margulis

Oct 27, 2017, 7:27:11 AM10/27/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Brown
On 10/27/2017 6:11 AM, Andrew Brown wrote:
> it seems that revisions made to the preferences are not preserved or not applied.

The longstanding rule (back to Pagemaker days) is that you must not have
a file open when you set preferences if you want them to become your
default. Presumably you know that. So are you saying you tried setting
the unit preferences with nothing open and they still didn't stick? That
would be disturbing indeed.

Andrew Brown

Oct 27, 2017, 7:27:52 AM10/27/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
I changed by my computer language (MacOS 10.12.6) to French and now seem to have stable millimetres. And through several restarts, my preferences stay put. Is this is a case of cause and effect? I hope not, Adobe.

AB

Andrew Brown

Oct 27, 2017, 11:16:25 AM10/27/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
I knew that modifications to the typographic settings etc. would not stick with a document open but not that preferences also operated on a document-by-document basis. This give a new and unwelcome meaning to the term «preference» but could well be related to my problems. I’ll see what happens when I switch back to English. — A.