How to Create a PDF Form from InDesign with Editable Text?

JKent

Mar 25, 2015, 11:03:34 PM3/25/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to make a PDF form in InDesign that has a multi-line textfield. I would like the textfield to start with text in it, but also have the option to edit it in the PDF. Every time I make a multi-line text filed, it comes out blank when exported to PDF. Any suggestions?

THANK YOU!

Dick Margulis

Mar 26, 2015, 7:53:31 AM3/26/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Export to PDF with a blank field. Open the PDF. Add the desired text. Save.

JKent

Mar 27, 2015, 12:52:09 AM3/27/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for posting. I figured that was the answer. I was hoping for more control over the type (i.e. custom tracking/kerning, or even small caps). I guess I'm just ahead of my time!

Thanks again for the help!