Perfect book covers

Michael Brady

Apr 14, 2015, 2:39:02 PM4/14/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Not perfect-bound book covers!

I like this designer's idea: The perfect cover is an image that points me to something I didn’t think about before.

It's on Reedsy:

http://blog.reedsy.com/post/116109237254/perfect-book-cover-interview-designer-nuno-moreira?utm_source=Nuno%20Moreira%20Interview&utm_medium=Ricardo%20Social%20Media%20Sharing&utm_campaign=Blog%20Nuno%20Moreira%20(Ricardo)

Michael Brady

C F Majors

Apr 14, 2015, 5:01:41 PM4/14/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Tx! I enjoyed the read.

I learned that a cover is best when it involves the viewer in an unanswered question.

I interpret that as the z-axis, that reaches off the page. Otherwise it's flat art.

I like the part where he says there needs to be a third party working between the writer and the designer. I can see how that can clean the slate for design.