Ai piXelated

katmcg

Feb 2, 2017, 8:51:54 AM2/2/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Does making ai artwork 600 dpi instead of 300 dpi help text? I’m having trouble with text. I’m doing 10 x10 in 2000h pngs for T-shirts. The art comes in from PSD but occasionally my Ai text is coming out pixelated and I can’t figure out why. Thoughts?

Kat

William Adams

Feb 2, 2017, 9:07:13 AM2/2/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Yes. At 400 dpi you get a marked transformation in the perception of text quality and 600 dpi is quite good enough for all but the smallest of type in the subtlest of fonts.

One thing you will want to do is ensure the small text appears on only a reasonable number of plates (no RGB rich black going to all the plates) and isn't screened anymore than it needs to be.

William

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 8:51 AM, katmcg <kat...@mindspring.com> wrote:
Does making ai artwork 600 dpi instead of 300 dpi help text? I’m having trouble with text. I’m doing 10 x10 in 2000h pngs for T-shirts. The art comes in from PSD but occasionally my Ai text is coming out pixelated and I can’t figure out why. Thoughts?

Kat

katmcg

Feb 2, 2017, 11:37:29 AM2/2/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
This is really helpful, William.
The specs for T-shirts are 2000px h RGB pngs for printing. But this png also show up in each section as screen images pictured on T-shirts. I’ve been having text problems with some, so I’ll try upping ai to 600 dpi. The initial front page images are a 200h png.
kat