Problem 1: Why won't my images stay resized after I scroll through Data Merge records?

Terry Tibke

Aug 9, 2017, 2:55:37 PM8/9/17
to InDesign talk
I've been browsing around trying to find the answer to this issue, and either it's so simple that it doesn't warrant one (I'm only about a week into learning ID), it doesn't have a solution, or I just can't find the answer!

I'm using data merge to load images for each record. I place that variable into a frame and then resize it to fit the frame the way I want it (See Figure A below).

After I scroll away from that record though in data merge, I come back and it looses all of that image fitting and resizing I did! (See Figure B below).

Can I not get it to retain the sizing, not only for this record, but for all of the images in that frame for each record?

Help! Thank you!

Isaiah Sheppard

Aug 9, 2017, 11:25:34 PM8/9/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you make your images correctly sized before importing them via Data Merge? I'm not seeing any info so far that says you can resize the image to fit once you run the data merge.

InDesignSecrets.com and Lynda.com have tutorials on data merge that may help further.

Isaiah Sheppard

Aug 10, 2017, 10:55:37 PM8/10/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Terry,

There is a post in the Adobe forum that might help you troubleshoot your image sizing issue. Check it here.

Thanks also to Olav for his input