Re: [ID] Digest for indesign-talk@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 2 topics

Michael Dodds

Sep 18, 2016, 5:59:50 PM9/18/16
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Because the reproduction (gamut) of transmissive colors is  colors so much greater than that of reflective colors.
Just tell them ...
if you design for print - use print colors.

On Sep 18, 2016, at 5:11 PM, indesi...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Paul Marriner <flyti...@gmail.com>: Sep 18 04:32PM -0300

I am considering adding a page or two to a book that has already been
indexed. Having spent 5 hrs cleaning up ID's (CS6) generated index I have
no intention of repeating that task. I could add these two pages at the end
and then add them manually to the index but that's an ugly kludge. Is it
possible in grep to find and add 1 to page numbers to a selection of index
pages. For example, the first new page is 122. So I would add 1 to each
page number larger than 122. If the next one was 265, rinse and repeat.
Possible?

Paul
mraj <mr...@mac.com>: Sep 18 09:51PM +0200

I don't think it's possible with Grep, but probably with a script

Michel Raj

I am considering adding a page or two to a book that has already been indexed. Having spent 5 hrs cleaning up ID's (CS6) generated index I have no intention of repeating that task. I could add these two pages at the end and then add them manually to the index but that's an ugly kludge. Is it possible in grep to find and add 1 to page numbers to a selection of index pages. For example, the first new page is 122. So I would add 1 to each page number larger than 122. If the next one was 265, rinse and repeat. Possible?
Paul

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/indesign-talk.

C F Majors <cfma...@gmail.com>: Sep 18 10:47AM -0400

Does anyone have a simple way to explain to the new generation of communications professionals why using photoshop to convert HEX numbers is not the same as having a Pantone ink match?

Carol Majors
publications unltd
Raleigh NC
Dick Margulis <di...@dmargulis.com>: Sep 18 10:55AM -0400

Depends on what kind of communication professional. If you mean people
with graphic design degrees, I don't think the generation makes a
difference. If their mind fuzzes over the instant the see a number
because "math is hard," then no amount of explaining will matter. They
have to pay to print the job and then have the client refuse to
reimburse them because they screwed up the color so badly. And for the
saddest cases, they may have to have that happen twice or thrice.

THEN you can explain it to them. ;-)