Tagged Text (OS X latest)

1 view

Andrew Brown

May 3, 2017, 2:34:28 PM5/3/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
These last few days, I have been visiting the ancient but for from venerable bugs of Adobe Indesign Tagged Text.

1. When I export from the latest CC2017 to unicode TT, a control character is placed after each character and non-ascii characters are made up with different (or what I hope are different) control characters. Is there any way of getting decent unicode output?

2. When I import using the UNICODE-MAC header, the TT character codes specified by Adobe itself (indesign_cs5_taggedtext.pdf) come through as plain text. Using ANSI-MAC as header, all codes (characters or styles) come through as plain text. There may be some way of fooling ID into importing properly, does it exist?

3. When TT encounters a coding error such as <p instead of <p>, it either stops importing at that point, or skips a few lines or pages. No error message, nothing, just unusable text.

4. Every so often, TT ignores valid paragraph codes and defaults to Cambria. I have not yet identified any possible reason.

I guess that this is just a complaint, other users of TT having concluded that the software was written by a trainee — more likely a heavy user of forbidden substances in my view — but if there are solutions or hints I would be glad to know about them.

Thanks!

AB

William Adams

May 3, 2017, 2:38:16 PM5/3/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Send problem files to Adobe --- every so often they actually fix something.

AB